Onto is the all-inclusive electric car subscription changing the rules of the game for car ownership.
By 2030 the UK government has declared that all new cars must be electric. At Onto we believe that change can’t come soon enough and we want to give everyone the experience of driving an electric car whilst also doing the right thing for our planet.
Over the last 10 years, other industries such as media and food delivery have already shown that customers love the benefits of a subscription service. One industry that hasn’t moved forward so quickly is how people purchase cars. 2 out of 3 UK drivers want their next car to be electric, but it’s daunting. Last year out of the 2.3m cars sold in the UK, 90% of new cars in the UK were sold through finance, with a multi-year commitment, yet 70% of consumers decided against paying the final balloon payment to own the car at the end of the contract.
Drivers want more flexibility and the convenience of paying monthly but without long-term personal finance contracts or the hassle of arranging insurance, servicing, tax or repairs.
At Onto, for a flat monthly fee, customers get the latest electric cars with insurance, servicing, breakdown cover and free public charging at over 12,000 locations in the UK. There is no deposit and only a 1-month commitment. Hassle-free, emissions-free, and affordable driving.
How does it work? Simple. It’s a fully digital service. Sign up and we’ll deliver your car to your door within 72 hours. You just need to unlock your car with the Onto app and enjoy your drive!
Onto was formed in 2017 by co-founders Rob Jolly (CEO) and Dannan O’Meachair (VP People). Originally formed after Rob saw the challenge of converting people over to electric vehicles while working in the Corporate Strategy area of Jaguar Land Rover. After a few pivots in strategy and company name changes, Onto was born.
Our challenge now is to take Onto to a new level without losing what makes us special for our customers. We need to be able to deliver reliably on a large scale to mass-market customers, while still maintaining speed, ideation and a mindset of growth and accountability. This is a challenging combination, but one we’re embracing in the next stage of our journey. And that’s where you come in.
About the role
This brand new and very exciting role will encompass all things recruitment, it will be our first in-house recruitment hire, responsible for the end-to-end hiring. From design and implementation of our talent management strategy, to sourcing, assessment and interview processes for all candidates across all business functions.
You will work closely with the people and leadership teams to ensure headcount is effectively scaled across the business, whilst positively conveying Onto’s values and brand image and ensuring we continue to attract industry-leading people.
As a start-up, Onto’s working environment is fast paced and sometimes ambiguous, it is important you are able to adapt your working style, work on multiple projects and just get stuck in!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled recruitment or talent manager who wants to join a growing start-up and be a key part of the growth of the business.
- You have excellent experience in a talent role or internal recruitment within a fast-growing startup environment.
- Experience in a high growth startup through funding rounds post-Series A is a plus.
- Proven track record of successful recruitment within another business.
- Excellent collaborator with “roll up your sleeves” approach.
- Outstanding organisational, communication, interpersonal, relationship-building skills.
- High energy, positive attitude and works well under pressure.
- Able to effectively convey our brand values in the public arena.
- Ability to lead by example and inspire confidence.
What you will do:
- Sourcing candidates for our UK and then preparing for international operations.
- Creating and maintaining job advertisements across a range of platforms with a view to attracting the best talent.
- Developing a clear hiring blueprint based on your understanding of what it takes for talent to be successful in the long term at Onto.
- Shortlisting, assessing and interviewing candidates.
- Working with various stakeholders within the business to ensure that their headcount requirements are continually met.
- Ensuring that candidates have a positive experience when applying for a role with us.
As well as a competitive salary we provide a number of other benefits including:
- Onto car discount (via Salary Sacrifice) – become a customer and join the EV revolution
- Staff options scheme
- £200 Annual Learning budget
- Summer and Christmas Party
- Quarterly off-sites and team building
- Small milestone gifts (Birthdays, Life Milestones, Work Milestones)
- Reward and Recognition monthly and every quarter for employees
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Contribution to Personal Pension Scheme
- Flexibility to work from home
- Discounts on retail, travel and cinema tickets through perks at work
- Shuttle bus & car available for staff from Kings Cross & the office
Salary: £50,000- £60,000 based on experience