Hi, We’re Bulb. Nice to meet you. We’re working remotely to protect our team at the moment, but we are still hiring. So if you’re looking for a new role and you’re happy to take part in a remote interview, read on…
We are the UK’s biggest green energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time.
Founded in 2015, we were named the UK’s fastest growing private company in 2018 and 2019, and in February 2021 we were named Europe’s fastest growing company by the Financial Times.
Over 1.7 million UK households have signed up to renewable energy with Bulb and we’ve expanded into Texas, France and Spain. We’re an accredited Living Wage Employer; we’ve been picked as one of LinkedIn’s top 25 UK tech startups to work for; and we’re a certified B Corp.
We’re looking for a Talent Partner to help support our next stage of growth as we scale internationally. You must have a background in an in-house recruitment team, ideally within a rapidly growing company. You will have a demonstrable track record of working on a wide range of roles.
Your mission is to:
• Define the most effective ways of sourcing to attract the best talent globally
• Build long term relationships with talented people and manage them through a seamless end to end recruitment process
• Provide an outstanding candidate experience at all stages of the hiring process, even when candidates are unsuccessful (you never know – the perfect role might come up later!)
• Use data to identify bottlenecks and proactively make hiring processes better
• Partner with our hiring managers to support them through their hiring initiatives including onboarding, talent mapping and salary benchmarking
• Proactively look for opportunities to leverage technology to improve recruitment efficiency and quality
A bit about you:
• You are organised, love moving fast but efficiently on decisions, and have established techniques for doing so
• You are an experienced recruiter with a proven track record of success recruiting across various disciplines
• You’re passionate about candidate experience
• You are a skilled interviewer, you have great judgment and a range of methods that help you assess a candidate quickly
• You feel comfortable dealing with ambiguity and an ever changing fast paced environment
• You are curious and can demonstrate a desire to learn and self-teach
• You can both design and execute recruiting strategy, including promoting Bulb, candidate management and improving diversity
• You are a confident communicator and influencer, comfortable talking to people of any level, whether it’s in person, on the phone or in writing. You understand how best to adapt your approach to your audience
• You’re a great sourcer who finds joy in sourcing for the best people for your hiring teams and you have creative ways of finding potential talent
• You’re a big fan of data and metrics and you can use data to influence decisions
Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
Competitive salary, discretionary share options and bonus
33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
Cycle to work scheme
One month sabbatical leave after your first year
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Bulb wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We want to shake up the energy industry, and a diverse team that reflects our members will help us do just that. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. But there’s more to every role – and everyone at Bulb – than we can fit in a job description. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Even if you’re not ready now, if you’re invited to interview with us you’ll get feedback on the skills you should grow to become a candidate in the future. We’ve written more about building a diverse team on the Bulb blog.