A third of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste!
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: To inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. We are the world’s #1 app for fighting food waste. We work with thousands of restaurants and food retailers to make their surplus food available to local consumers. The magic of Too Good To Go has been expanding rapidly across Europe and now also the US, with over 79 million meals saved across 15 countries to date.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but did we mention the issue is huge? We are expanding our team as we speak. And that’s where you come in:
We’re looking for a passionate and organized individual to support our ambitious growth. You will focus on a great candidate experience, inclusive and scalable internal processes and support our hiring teams.
You’ll collaborate with hiring managers globally and manage the recruitment process from end to end. We’d love to find someone who’s excited about working for a fast-growing social impact business with a meaningful mission and amazing culture.
You will be part of a Global Talent Acquisition Team and report to the UK-based Head of Talent Acquisition.
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process: creating job ads, screening job applications, phone interviews, video screening, candidate testing, conducting interviews and reference checking, as well as coordinating with the hiring teams.
- Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job boards/media/colleges etc.
- Identify qualified candidates through direct sourcing, industry/social networking, employee referrals, career fairs and more.
- Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitude.
- Manage a high volume of open positions across different functions and locations, while keeping the momentum with both internal teams and external candidates.
- Ensure that local recruiting/interview processes are aligned with global recommendations and processes.
- Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports to the rest of the team and manage hiring managers’ expectations.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process.
- Hire at speed without sacrificing our values.
- Ensure a great candidate experience – always!
- 4+ years’ full-cycle recruiting experience, with a good level of in-house exposure.
- Experience in running a structured interview process in a high-volume recruiting environment is essential.
- Hands-on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, video screening, reference check etc).
- Experience of using multiple sourcing and attraction methods to fill vacancies.
- Familiarity with HR databases and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
- Full professional proficiency in English. Further language skills are a strong advantage.
- Ability to work in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- You care deeply about inclusiveness and diversity.
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal: You put a lot of care into the candidate experience, and will support the ongoing expansion of Too Good To Go.
- We might occasionally require some flexibility with the working hours if we need to recruit for a different time zone.
- Autonomous work style: take ownership and know how to prioritize.
- Ability to establish relationships with management, candidates and external partners.
- Highly ambitious, self-motivated and passionate about our vision.
- Being based in the Brighton & Hove area is a plus.
The rest of the UK based Talent Acquisition team lives in the Brighton & Hove area, and we would like this role to be able to join us in a local co-working space when it’s safe to return with the flexibility to work from home when needed. We also regularly visit the London office (circumstances permitting) and take part in events of the UK team.
The application process consists of an initial short assessment in the form of answering a few short and role-related questions per video, a video call with the Hiring Manager and a couple of get-to-know calls with the team, remotely via Google Meet. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions!
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 1050+ enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 16 countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
Too Good To Go is an equal opportunity employer.