Who we are
“Does it get the world to net-zero carbon faster?” Spend time with the Emitwise team, and you’ll often hear this question being asked.
At Emitwise, we’ve built a team that has the skillset and ambition to bring automated carbon accounting to life — saving businesses time, money, and emissions. Ultimately, we’re a group of people disenchanted with business as usual and looking to make real impact through creative innovation.
Backed by top-tier Silicon Valley investors who share our mission, including True Ventures and Ex Uber CEO Ryan Graves, we are a well-funded seed-stage start-up. Read more about us in publications like Forbes, Business Insider, and Fast Company.
To help companies address their carbon impact, we need to scale our industry-transforming carbon accounting platform, enabling businesses to automatically measure, report and reduce their carbon footprint. You will help us achieve that by sourcing and hiring a team of experts, including carbon accountants, software engineers, product developers, account managers, and sales & marketing.
We think in terms of impact, not strict responsibilities. Here’s how you will contribute when you join:
- We’re growing quickly. You’ll directly source, identify and attract candidates in engineering, carbon accounting, product, sales, marketing and operations to get our team from ~25 today to 2x that within the next 12 months
- Our culture matters. You’ll be a champion for the things that make Emitwise special, ensuring that the people who join will be an excellent fit within the team
- Efficiency is key. You’ll make our hiring process as effective as it can be. Your ability to identify talent will be evident, and you’ll improve quantifiable metrics in our hiring process. Within weeks, we won’t know how we did It before you came along
- You’ll refine our hiring process. We’ll benefit from your experience in making sure every step of our process achieves the goal of attracting exceptional people to Emitwise. You’ll coach our team on interviewing and manage our hiring ‘playbook’
- You’ll represent Emitwise. Recruiting is as much about presenting ourselves to candidates as it is candidates presenting themselves to us. We want to make a brilliant impression, and you’ll be the first Emitwise representative candidates get to meet. Your communication style and empathy will make applicants excited about the potential of working with us
- You’ll build important external relationships: From time to time, we will use external agencies to help identify candidates who are very hard to come by. You’ll own those relationships and your judgement will help us determine who’s best to work with
Importantly, from day one, we’ll work with you to map out how you can make an impact and how your career will grow over time. We aren’t just hiring to fill a role; we are looking for a team member to help us grow Emitwise.
Your skills and experience
- A proven track record leading multi-function recruiting, ideally in a fast growth tech company
- You are an influencer and can easily build relationships with stakeholders and candidates alike. We want you to be a ‘culture-champion’ within the organisation and likewise ‘sell’ the Emitwise opportunity and close exceptional external talent
- You love the thrill of the search and will explore all avenues to find us the very best talent. You should also ensure we maximise usage of our Applicant Tracking System (we use Lever)
- You are comfortable making decisions and welcome autonomy
- You can handle the ambiguity and challenges a start-up environment can bring
- You are passionate about our mission. “Does it get the world to net-zero carbon faster?” Expect to ask yourself this question regularly when working at Emitwise
What’s in it for you?
- Accelerating the global fight against climate change through corporate ESG responsibility
- Being part of a supportive, collaborative team full of amazing talent
- Bringing advanced software solutions to a vital but antiquated industry
- Helping to manage the chaos of growing a company (and sometimes contributing to that chaos)
We also offer a range of benefits that we feel are critical to a happy, productive workplace, including generous holiday allowance, a personalised workspace, flexible working hours, social impact time off, professional development, mental health time off and a competitive compensation package.
What are you waiting for?
If this sounds like a team you’d like to join, a mission you’d like to be part of and a role you’d thrive in, then apply now! Whatever skills you bring to the table and whatever background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. The time to act is now.
Right to work
We are currently only accepting applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
We believe in the value of diveristy
We believe diversity is the cornerstone of innovation. We embrace uniqueness and continually strive for equity for all. Ultimately, our team powers Emitwise. We want all our employees to feel valued and appreciated for who they are, where they come from, and what they’ve achieved. Our employee policy is designed to prevent discrimination regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.