The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Best Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
You’ll be working within the OVO Finance Team, reporting to the Head of Group Tax.
What will I be doing?
You’ll be supporting the Head of Group Tax to develop and implement the tax strategy for the OVO Group whilst owing a number of tax workstreams relating to operations and governance. OVO is building its Tax Team and you will have an opportunity to help shape how the tax team operates and works with the wider finance team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Owning and delivering group and statutory tax reporting for the group, and working with the wider finance team to build a strong and efficient process.
- Ensuring the tax position of the group is accurately forecasted (including for payment purposes), optimising the use of tax attributes, and monitoring Corporate Interest Restriction.
- Working with external advisers to manage the corporation tax compliance process, including R&D claims.
- Leading, from a direct tax perspective, the design and implementation of a tax risk control framework and internal tax policy and procedures.
- Supporting the Head of Group Tax on a number of key initiatives to ensure tax risks are managed across the OVO group. This will include coordinating processes to support compliance with the Senior Accounting Officer and Corporate Criminal Offence requirements.
- Seeking to improve quality and effectiveness across all areas of responsibility, including considering how this can be done using technology and automation.
- Building relationships with OVO’s international businesses.
- Keeping abreast of legislative developments and emerging risks which will affect the group.
Is this the job for me?
The ideal candidate should have some or all of the following competencies:
- ACA/CTA qualified
- Strong tax technical skills and experience in IFRS tax accounting
- In house experience preferred
- Organised and thorough in approach with a keen attention to detail and willingness to dig and investigate to resolve problems.
- Able to work efficiently and independently to deliver results
- Comfortable with proposing, initiating and driving change and supporting this by implementing processes.
- An ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) and present tax information to non tax colleagues with clarity.
- An ability to build relationships with a wide range of internal stakeholders across all levels of seniority and raise the profile of the tax team within the organisation.
- Enjoy working in a changing environment
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.
Please mention For Purpose Jobs in your application