Hi, We’re Bulb. Nice to meet you. We’re working remotely to protect our team during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. But we are still hiring. So if you’re looking for a new role and you’re happy to take part in a remote interview, read on…
We are the UK’s biggest green energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time.
Founded in 2015, we were named the UK’s fastest growing private company in 2018 and 2019, and in February 2021 we were named Europe’s fastest growing company by the Financial Times.
Over 1.7 million UK households have signed up to renewable energy by Bulb and we’ve now expanded into Texas, France and Spain. We’re an accredited Living Wage Employer; we’ve been picked as one of LinkedIn’s top 25 UK tech startups to work for; and we’re a certified B Corp.
As a leader in our member service team, this role is critical to Bulb.
Delivering delightful, effortless service for our members is at the heart of Bulb, it not only helps us grow through members recommending us to friends and family but it’s also often the moment of truth for members and leaves a lasting impression.
We’re looking for someone with 36 months+ experience managing customer service teams or leadership experience. You will need to be adept at organising, motivating and developing teams, have a proven record for creative problem-solving and show a strong focus on continuous improvement.
This role will report into the VP Experience and is responsible for managing multiple (~6) member service pods. We refer to teams as pods. Each pod has a Pod Leader (PL) that manages a team of up to 15 people focused on member service.
What you’ll do
Deliver fantastic service for our members
– Instill a strong sense of customer service and ensure each pod is set up to provide the best possible experience to our members
– Identify opportunities for and ensure a focus on continuous improvement in our member service technology, systems, processes and ways of operating
– Be a point of escalation for complex member complaints; coaching team members through how to solve where possible.
– Ensure knowledge-sharing and communication within and across pods to increase the effectiveness of the whole service team
– Work with central Service Operations team to optimise scheduling, capacity planning and resource allocation
– Use reporting and analysis to monitor performance, make decisions and recommendations
Manage and develop a great team
– Coach, develop and mentor Pod Leaders and to support them get the best from their teams of Energy Specialists (ES) in an effective and sustainable way
– Play a key role in helping us to become an exceptional place to work for the ambitious Energy Specialists we hire
– Support the interviewing and hiring for new Pod Leaders, and Energy Specialists
Collaborate and contribute to Bulb’s overall success
– Work with the UK GM and other Team Leaders to set clear objectives, prioritise efficiently and orient the service team to what matters the most
– Collaborate with Product Management organisation to ensure Make It Better ideas from the service team are prioritised appropriately and acted upon
– Support broader efforts to ensure Bulb’s long term business success as part of the wider management team
What you’ll bring to Bulb
– Minimum of 36 months+ experience managing customer service teams (leader of leader experience a bonus)
– Experience working in high pressure, high growth environments
– Strong track record of systems and process improvement
Skills / attributes
– Strong management capabilities that include developing and achieving goals and objectives in high pressure environments – combining the operational day-to-day management of teams with empathy, coaching, motivational techniques, and an ability to develop the team
– Strong verbal and written communications skills, 1:1 as well as to larger audiences
– Robust problem solving and process improvement techniques (Lean/Six Sigma a bonus skill set)
– Analytical, data-driven mindset
– An ability to work across teams and with people at all levels
– Organised and structured to work across teams at pace
– Ability to influence change and support change management activities
– Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
– Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
– Competitive salary, discretionary share options and bonus
– 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
– 12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
– Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
– Cycle to work scheme
– One month sabbatical leave after your first year
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Bulb wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We want to shake up the energy industry, and a diverse team that reflects our members will help us do just that. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. But there’s more to every role – and everyone at Bulb – than we can fit in a job description. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Even if you’re not ready now, if you’re invited to interview with us you’ll get feedback on the skills you should grow to become a candidate in the future. We’ve written more about building a diverse team on the Bulb blog.