The OVO Group’s mission is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach zero, we need everyone to come together. Not as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal.
The climate crisis is humanity’s greatest challenge and the OVO Group organisations are all working together to lower our collective carbon emissions to zero. Would you be interested in joining us to help achieve this?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
What will I be doing?
This is a leading role within our Talent Development Team, developing our technology people on an individual, team and organisational level and supporting them to fulfill their potential and drive the growth across OVO Group. As such we partner with our tech teams to identify needs and coordinate learning solutions that make our people better over time.
The main purpose of this role is to support the Group Talent Director and Group CTO in delivering the Tech Talent Development arm of the strategy in service of OVO’s broader business goals.
On a typical day, you could expect to:
- Work with leaders in our tech organisation to identify the development needs in each area and ensure that whatever we discover is best practice is made available across the Group
- Build strong relationships with our software engineers, managers, and leaders as a way to get to know how to best meet their needs and help them grow and learn
- Provide coaching to managers and leaders, especially as it relates to their needs and the needs of their teams
- Partner with tech leadership to develop, shape and implement learning and development strategies
- Consult with the wider talent development community to share best practices and ensure continuity across multiple teams
- Design & support team performance workshops & team offsite events as needed
- Be a thought leader for our technology teams wherever learning is concerned
- Supporting tech leaders in setting and using development budgets to support business goals
- Identifying third parties to allow our software engineers to continuously improve their software craftsmanship and learn about progressive technologies
- Implement talent development analytics
- Develop scalable learning and development frameworks that will allow for scalability and talent development across multiple teams and geographies
- Drive user experience and learning engagement
- Develop and support practices that allow for individuals to move between teams and locations
- collaborate with talent acquisition and the communities lead to continuously provide the best well rounded employee experience
Is this job for me?
- Have experience working in talent development within the technology industry
- Have experience consulting with leaders and managers with a proven track record of establishing relationships
- Have experience of working on Agile teams and an understanding of agile methodologies and techniques
- Have experience being a strategic partner as well as executing the work
- Have experience designing and delivering learning programs including e-learning
- Have experience in facilitation and adapting content to meet the needs of your audience
- Are an engaging, creative and confident communicator and facilitator
- An adaptable interpersonal and influencing style
- Are proactive, flexible and positive in a changing fast-paced environment
- Have experience of the entire, or parts of, the learning cycle
- Have experience evaluating and managing external providers/suppliers
- Have experience coaching individuals and teams
Ideally you will have…
- Proven experience working as an Agile Coach
- 2:1 BA/BSc or equivalent
- Post-graduate coaching diploma/qualification
- Certification in MBTI, Hogan, EIP3 and Firo-B desirable
- Have a training design and delivery qualification eg. TAP
Diverse teams are the best teams
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds: the more inclusive we are the better our work will be. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.
Role: Tech People Development Partner – 12 month FTC
Location: London or Bristol
Please mention For Purpose Jobs in your application