Location: Field based – Covering London
The OVO Group’s mission is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach zero, we need everyone to come together. Not as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal.
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Founded in 2009, OVO was established with the clear vision of building an energy business centred around delivering simple, sustainable customer propositions with great customer service, underpinned by a strong technology ethos that is central to everything we do.
Through this growth OVO has expanded the OVO Team across multiple locations, launched our own Field Force, and acquired some exciting businesses, including SSE Retail, each with their own office, field and manufacturing operations.
Safety and quality are our highest priorities, and with our expanding business divisions and increasing activity in customers’ homes, we’re looking to add to our team of Technical Development Coaches who continually review our field operatives competence and skills whilst providing coaching and developmental support.
Our aim is to ensure all our installers are operating to the highest standards in line with our operating procedures and industry standards whilst also delivering the very best customer service.
Our Technical Development Coaches will be experienced smart meter technicians who have consistently demonstrated a concern for quality and the ability to coach and develop others.
What will I be doing?
- Work in conjunction with your regional teams to ensure the continuous improvement and performance of meter installers in safety and compliance aspects of the role
- Deliver engaging onsite / telephony services with coaching and support as the as our core focus
- Supporting and assessing knowledge and occupational competence of Smart Meter Installers in our field force.
- Carry Out workplace assessments and ensuring compliance with OVO Procedures, MOCOPA and Gas Safe requirements.
- Support the Training, Development & Quality Manager to implement authorisation and field competency based competency schemes through onsite assessment activities
- Working proactively with the Head of Health & Safety, Technical Complianceand Head of Operations, Regional Managers and their teams – to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement within their areas of responsibility.
- Providing support and guidance to operational leaders in the area of developing procedures and supporting operational leaders and teams with their implementation
- Maintaining and Improving robust incident reporting processes and overseeing and reviewing, the investigation of any safety critical incidents and defects.
- Measure performance and identify any areas of weakness, recommending and implementing improvements
- A positive attitude, proving approachable and accessible to colleagues at all levels. Maturity, professionalism and strength of character – in a fast moving, rapidly-changing environment
Is this the job for me?
You have the following essential skills:
- Approachable and a good communicator
- An excellent mentor & coaching skills with an engaging approach
- Prompt and flexible to both in-house and external customer needs
- Dual Fuel Smart Meter Installation Qualification, min single phase of multi phase & CMA1 / MET1
- A minimum of 3 years field experience
- Experienced in technical risk analysis
- A high attention to detail
Ideally you will have:
- A recognised assessor qualification e.g. A1, A2 or D32, D33 or TQSE/TQFE
- Experience in Investigation training with knowledge of managing technical incidents
- A recognised safety qualification e.g IOSH
OVO believes in fuelling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all. We were set up to always find a better way and challenge the status quo.
Diverse teams are the best teams We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds: the more inclusive we are the better our work will be. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment based on merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.