We’re looking for a dynamic and ambitious technical climate consultant to join our global commercial team.
In this role, you will become a deep technical expert in our product and use this expertise to guide large global organisations through the opaque world of nature-based carbon offsets.
Your expertise will help our customers understand the technical detail of our product, how it delivers clarity, and accelerates positive climate impact at scale
What does Sylvera do?
In less than a year, Sylvera has built a partnership with NASA, secured investment from Europe’s top VC fund Index Ventures, and built an extraordinary team.
Sylvera is bringing clarity to the opaque voluntary carbon markets by using satellite data, machine learning algorithms, and deep analytical capacity to accurately assess the performance of carbon offset projects. This clarity helps scale a global market primed for 15-100x growth in the coming 10 years.
What will you do in the role?
We’re doing amazing and globally important work, and you’ll make sure more organisations achieve their positive climate goals.
You will become a deep technical expert in our product and use this expertise to be the critical bridge between our data, analytics, and commercial teams to help us win more business and scale our impact.
In the role you will:
- Become fluent in each aspect of our project rating system, and use that fluency to help our sales team win more customers
- Develop expertise in the analytical steps we take to assess the additionality, permanence, and co-benefits of each project
- Develop a robust understanding of the technical aspects of our product, including how we collate and analyse geospatial data to inform our ratings system
- Partner with our design & marketing teams to synthesise the analytical and technical information into digestible, compelling content for our prospects
- Co-lead with our commercial team deep-dive workshops with technical counterparts at our prospects to demonstrate the value and robustness of our approach
- Adapt external-facing materials to support the continuous education of our commercial team
We’re looking for someone who:
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of earth
- Has an excellent understanding of the offset market in general, and nature-based offsets in particular
- Loves understanding and learning the technical detail that drive complex systems
- Is a persuasive verbal and written communicator
- Is curious, creative, and gritty, and finds the path to a solution regardless of the barriers thrown in their way
- Has experience working in a fast-moving, ambiguous environment
We’re also excited if you have:
- Experience working in and / or studying at post-graduate level sustainability, climate change, environmental engineering, environmental policy, forestry, international development
- Experience working in an early stage software / technology company
- Experience working with large enterprise organisations
What if you’re a partial fit?
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Competitive salary; options; matched pension.
Remote (GMT +/-2)