Working at Limejump
Limejump is an award-winning energy tech company, connecting customers to our in-house trading and data centres as we work to revolutionise the UK energy industry.
We are an ambitious company, looking to change the way businesses and consumers interact with their electricity. Following our acquisition by Shell New Energies in 2019, we are looking for talented individuals to support exponential growth against our sustainable goals. This is an exciting opportunity to join an independently operating, fully owned subsidiary of a globally established energy company and to become instrumental in challenging and changing the smart grid space. Our culture is shaped by individuals who want to make a difference every day and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
Limejump seeks an outstanding DevOps leader to help us change the world of energy.
We see DevOps as a way of working which everybody in the Tech organisation embraces, not a cloud operations team. If you have a track record of helping to architect and operate complex software in the cloud, then please read on to learn more about this opportunity.
As our Technical Lead you will drive the overall platform strategy for Limejump with regards to cloud infrastructure and DevOps practices, as well as contributing to software architecture discussions. This will be a combination of building out supporting systems facilitating new software projects, as well as constantly striving to improve our security posture and infrastructure quality.
While this role requires strong architectural abilities, expect to also work on implementation and supporting less experienced developers on a daily basis. We prefer to automate things where possible, so you will also get your hands dirty reading and writing software (using mostly Python and Golang) Terraform, and configuring CI pipelines and other integrations. You will in this position report into our Engineering Manager.
Essential skills and experience:
- Several years of public cloud experience, ideally AWS.
- Fluent in at least one major programming language; Python, Golang, Ruby or Java.
- A scientific, data-driven approach to debugging / tracking down infrastructure issues.
- Passionate about quality and automation.
- Passion and commitment towards mentoring and supporting more junior developers.
- Intimately familiar with and enthusiastic about Kubernetes, as our platform is centred around EKS.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience with real-time messaging systems like RabbitMQ or Apache Kafka.
- Experience with operating large relational database systems (PostgreSQL) in production.
- Passion for sustainable energy and/or experience within the UK energy industry.
- Strong opinions on how to do DevOps right.
Why you would love working at Limejump:
- Competitive pay and an annual performance-based bonus.
- £1000 annual innovation budget to spend on self-development coupled with 10% time off work to do it.
- Private Medical Insurance with AXA PPP with £0 annual excess.
- 25 days annual leave…and one extra day for your birthday.
- Flexible working options to suit your personal life (including caring responsibility and/or your cultural background).
- Mental wellbeing support with Mental Health First Aiders and Employee Assistance Programme.
- Company wide lunch n learns, culturally diverse celebrations and other social events.
- Parental leave – up to 12 weeks paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave.
- Subsidised onsite gym membership and weekly fitness classes.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – enjoy a carbon free commute on us!.
- Life assurance and personal accident insurance.
Note: All applicants must have a current right to work in the UK without a work permit. Limejump cannot sponsor employment visas for this role. Limejump’s office is located in Kennington, London.
Limejump values equality and diversity, and we welcome applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.