About the role
We are looking for a talented and ambitious new Technical Product Owner to join the Compucorp team. You will report to the Head of Product and manage one of our product “suites”, leading your own development squad.
You will work closely with our client project managers to run discovery sessions and ideate solutions to meet client needs before managing the full development lifecycle spanning specification, configuration and the management of development tasks. It’s a broad remit so expect each day to be a little bit different!
Our client projects often (but not always) run in a waterfall process, whereas internally for the product development we adopt agile methodologies so an understanding of both processes would be desirable.
We’re a very process-driven team who always seek to do things “the right way” to create robust products, and we’re looking for people who can both contribute to ensuring those processes are followed but also help us to develop and refine new processes to ensure that we continue to deliver the highest quality product and service to our clients and to the sector as a whole.
In short, we’re a team of self-confessed geeks who love tinkering and tweaking until something is just right, and we’re looking for someone with the same “can do” attitude to join our growing team.
- Assist and in due course manage client discovery workshops to understand client needs
- Prepare specification documents for build and configuration
- Support with configuring sites and CRM based on the specifications
- Converting specifications into highly organised development tickets
- Managing/Prioritising the product team backlog for agile sprints
- Provide an active role in mitigating any issues that might impact successful team completion of release/sprint goals
What we value in this role:
- You love the challenge of making complex things simple
- You look to learn at every opportunity
- You search for and propose improvements at all levels as part of your work
- You can convey complex concepts clearly to other team members
- You’re someone who likes to implement processes and ensure they are followed
- You seek to learn from others as well as share your knowledge and experience
- You are detail oriented but can see the wood for the trees
- Can do / Make it happen attitude
- And most of all you are a team player who likes to collaborate with your squad of engineers to create great solutions
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years experience delivering digital projects including websites or CRM
- A compulsive list maker, organiser and executer
- Previous experience working in a digital agency is a bonus
- The ability to grasp concepts quickly
- Someone who loves technical challenges
Location: Remote or Office based
How to apply
If you think this is the role for you, please send your CV through to us with a short covering statement explaining what caught your interest and why you think you’ll fit in.