Every day at ecoligo we work to fight the climate crisis, bringing solar energy to businesses in countries like Ghana, Kenya, Vietnam and Costa Rica through the ecoligo crowdinvesting platform. We own and manage each energy project allowing us to deliver both environmental and economic returns. Our crowdinvestors earn a solid financial return, and our solar clients get an energy provider that’s fairer, more affordable and more efficient. So far, ecoligo projects have prevented—or will prevent—over 440,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide from entering our atmosphere. And we’re just getting started.
Our quickly growing international team in Berlin is looking for a Technical Project Manager (f/m/x) to manage our technical partners in the construction of solar PV projects. We’re looking for a project manager with an engineering background or affinity. You are ready to take full ownership of the project management from A to Z in a fast-paced start-up environment with international projects. You combine your organizational skills with technical knowledge and look at the work through the eyes of an client. Our ideal candidate has already got their hands dirty in some project management, and comes from the solar industry. Are you ready to help us tackle the climate crisis?
In this role you will:
- Manage multiple technical partners constructing multiple solar PV projects for ecoligo at the same time
- Ensure project work and progress are in alignment with schedules and take action if projects are delayed.
- Qualify new technical partners and their application documentation and onboard them to ecoligo
- Perform technical due diligence on design documents for solar PV projects
- Prepare, negotiate and manage contracts and milestones with our technical partners
- Continuously communicate with all project stakeholders on the progress of projects and manage escalation processes
- Risk management of projects and partners to ensure possible risks are mitigated as early as possible
- Work closely with the technical partners on the project implementation and perform commissioning acceptance to move projects into operations.
- Identify solutions ad hoc for project related issues that are coming up.
- Manage all project documentation needs including of meeting protocols, signed contracts, contract addendums, design changes, executed works, commissioning and punch list items.
- Report project status on a continuous basis to the client, ecoligo management and possible other stakeholders
- Having managed projects independently before
- Experience in Solar PV project design, Solar PV design tools and engineering and commissioning of such projects
- Good understanding of energy systems, technical components of solar PV projects, load profiles, energy consumption behaviour, especially for commercial and industrial clients.
- Being able to manage multiple tasks and multiple stakeholders effectively without losing oversight.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Tools, experience with Asana is a plus.
- Fluent in English (English is our daily working language).
- Fluency in German and/or Spanish is a plus.
- Self-starter who takes ownership and works independently while ensuring collaboration and visibility.
- Creative problem solver who can think strategically, but also loves getting into the details.
- Confident in their knowledge of energy systems and have a strong interest in sustainable technologies.
- Can switch between many tasks if necessary and stays comfortable in unpredictable situations.
- Living an open feedback culture.
- Work for the planet: help make a difference as we pioneer the energy transition in emerging markets.
- Real ownership and responsibilities with strong opportunities for growth.
- The chance to help shape the future of a small and growing company as we enter an exciting growth stage.
- Flexible working hours.
- Bright and comfortable workspace at our office in Berlin’s Mitte, with a roof deck for sunny lunches or after work time with colleagues. (ecoligo’s Berlin office is currently fully remote during COVID-19).
- An open, diverse and respectful company culture with a group of kind, international coworkers based in Berlin, Accra (Ghana), Nairobi (Kenya), San Jose (Costa Rica), Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) and Santiago (Chile).
Please upload your letter of motivation. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be considered. Please apply via https://ecoligo.com/join-us/