To apply for this job please visit www.chargepoint.com.
With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be 25% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering the world’s leading EV charging network and most complete set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every EV charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a reality globally.
Our fanatical focus on charging and 10+ years in business has made us an industry leader. Supported by $538 million from investors including American Electric Power, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Chevron Technology Ventures, Clearvision, Daimler Trucks & Buses, GIC, Quantum Energy Partners, BMW i Ventures, Braemar Energy Ventures, Linse Capital, and Siemens, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of creating an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market. Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Director of Engineering
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is innovating and is looking for a technician who must be able to assist the Software QA team working on developing solution prototypes for in-house testing requirements as well as assisting the team with test activities as needed. We are looking for someone with good communication and documenting skills in addition to being a team player that can work with multiple teams while working on their requirements.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Ability to take guidelines from Engineers and assist them in building prototypes, replicating custom setups
- Ability to assist QA team in various test activities including connecting test instruments, charging cars and recording observations
- Ability to replace station parts in CP parking lot or in the labs
- Ability to read process instructions and to accurately record/report observations.
- Ability to use hand held tools, and gather required tools to perform tasks
- Maintains a clean and safe work area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Performs all work in accordance with Quality standards and established safety procedures
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks in a timely manner.
- The testing technician must be able to work well in a fast paced environment. We are seeking highly motivated & team oriented individuals with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Ability to stand on your feet 6-8 hours a day
- Ability to communicate observations
- High attention to details and self- motivation skills
- Team Player. Works where needed.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.