Our Mission is to accelerate access to wastewater and organic waste treatment and provide sustainable energy to communities.
Our Vision is a world where we unlock the power of waste to fuel our future, where waste will become the everyday source of clean water, sustainable energy and fertilisers enabling communities to flourish.
We develop accelerating wastewater and organic waste treatment technologies; unlocking the power of low strength waste streams to produce energy-rich biogas.
We specialise in the decentralised treatment of organic waste from food to sewage, converting it into sustainable energy, clean water and fertilisers. Our modular solution SaniWASE uses a bio electro-chemical process accelerating the breakdown of organics converting them into methane. Our modularity allows easy scalability allowing us to provide circular waste management for small communities, industry and municipalities.
Our focus is to launch in Sub-Saharan Africa and India, where we can work with local organisations to increase community and industry access to wastewater treatment. Join us at an exciting time where we are innovating and creating new designs and products that will be tested in the field.
We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates.
The Role & Key Responsibilities
We are looking for someone passionate about change to join the team for new product development. The key responsibilities involve:
- Act as a part of WASE project team in the installation of a 4 m3 wastewater system in a 20 ft shipping container on site in the UK;
- Undertake all types of pipework installation. This will include mainly PVC pipes;
- Ensuring adherence with Health & Safety procedures at all time.
- Applicants should have experience in a hands-on technical role, with good technical knowledge and understanding on pumps, pipework and instrumentation;
- Basic workshop skills including, fabricating and machining;
- Team player able to support other disciplines if required;
- Demonstrable strong health and safety awareness.
- Good team player but equally at ease self-working and motivating;
- Good problem-solving mindset;
- Basic literacy and numeracy required;
- Ability to read diagrams, technical drawings & manuals;
- Experience in hydraulic system operation.
- Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Working on Pumps, Valves, and Pipework: 2 years (Preferred)
You will be directly supported by our engineering team and will be required to work at the site in the surrounding area of our office. As the role is hands on, we will be providing PPE equipment and social distancing measures.
The role is for 2 months starting from 24th August till the end of October. Interested candidates must send their CV and a one page covering letter no later than 12th August 2020.
We are looking forward to you joining our team that are passionate about accelerating access to waste management to underserved communities.