With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that’s been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As now a public company, we remain focused on broadening our market leadership and building on years of innovation. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is innovating and is looking for a technical laboratory engineer who must be able to assist the Hardware and Regulatory team working on perform tests according with several technical documents and standards (such as IEC 60664. IEC 60068, IEC 61439, IEC 60529, among many others) in our local laboratory in Theale, United Kingdom.
We are looking for someone with good communication and documenting skills in addition to being a team player that can work with multiple teams while working on their requirements.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
• Ability to take guidelines from Hardware and Regulatory Engineer team and assist them in building prototypes and tests setups.
• Ability to assist Regulatory team in various test activities including connecting test instruments, charging cars and recording observations.
• Familiarity with Windows/Macbook laptops and capturing of product logs
• Ability to read IEC standards and to accurately record/report observations.
• Ability to use hand held tools, and gather required tools to perform tasks
• Ability to support or manage lab day-to-day activities.
• Maintains a clean and safe work area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Performs all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks in a timely manner.
• Electrical/Electronic testing engineer with lab skills or professional formation under laboratory environments.
• Extensive knowledge in the use of laboratory equipment (oscilloscopes, HI pot tester, etc…).
• Planning, setting up and executing test procedures for safety, climatic, EMC requirements (Hi pot test, short-circuit test, etc…)
• Check measurement, clearances and creepages of products.
• Recording and analysing data
• Writing reports, reviews and summaries.
• Ability to read electric/electronic/mechanical schematics.
• Minimum 1 year experience and strong hands-on skills
• Good communication skills
• Team worker
• Knowledge of Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.