Moixa is a high growth venture and energy industry innovator which has established itself as the UK’s leading residential smart battery storage company.
Moixa invents, manufactures and distributes smart energy technology including the Moixa Smart Battery range and Moixa GridShare – the battery asset management software platform that enables end customers to maximise the usage of renewable energy and unlock mass adoption of EV technology.
The Moixa team is growing fast and we are looking for a Test Engineer to work alongside our Quality Team and the rest of our passionate team in London and Manchester.
The Test Engineer role has responsibility for testing across Moixa’s range of own brand products in addition to testing across 3rd party products which we integrate into our software platform. You will work closely with our Senior Quality Manager and with product and technical teams to enable you to deliver root cause analysis and successful investigations.
This is a great opportunity for someone who thrives in a scale-up environment. You love tech and working on technical products and you are most comfortable when reaching successful conclusions to engineering problems.
● Review day-to-day issues with assets during testing and in the field, which includes recording and troubleshooting these issues, and providing guidance for your stakeholders.
● Understand and record case notes relating to the Return Merchandise Authorisation process.
● Further investigation at Moixa’s supplier sites to investigate/analyse issues when not clearly understood remotely.
● Raise and discuss issues internally and with suppliers/manufacturers in order to reach the root cause.
● Participate in weekly quality meetings and monthly supplier meetings.
● Assist testing and monitoring required for new feature releases and engineering changes.
● Maintain the databases of learnings from each product’s lifecycle.
● Ensure manufacturing and test procedures are being adhered to and are up-to-date.
● Review the technical standards of national regulations and document the key requirements in simple terminologies.
Your key skills:
● Attention to detail – you always pay close attention to deviations from expected outcomes or unusual patterns.
● You approach problems analytically – you are very comfortable managing multiple sources and types of data to help inform your investigations, you can synthesise your thoughts and explain the value impacts of the outcomes from your investigations.
● You are a curious and proactive problem-solver – test engineering for you can include all aspects of data and stakeholder engagement to get to the root cause in your investigations, that’s the nature of scale-ups and you handle it with confidence.
● You are adaptable – growth means fast-pace, constant change and multiple concurrent product investigations, you handle uncertainty with a positive, solution-oriented attitude
● Integrity – you have the confidence to uphold quality management principles and understand the importance of testing and quality within other competing business agendas
● Communication – you are able to marshall information to present your findings and ideas in a concise way to effectively inform your stakeholders
● Strong technical literacy – you can communicate effectively and credibly with technical colleagues
Your ideal experience:
● Hands-on hardware testing experience in a laboratory or manufacturing environment
● Worked with electrical and electronic products, preferably smart appliances
● Worked for at least 2 years in a quality function running investigations and root cause analysis
● Worked with tools such as Kibana, Grafana and Confluence
Joining us gives you:
● Competitive salary and stock options package
● 33 days holiday (including 8 bank holidays)
● Private Health Insurance with Bupa
● Enhanced Maternity + Paternity Pay
● £1000 budget + 4 days paid time for your own learning and development
● £1,000 bonus for referring a new hire
● Enhanced sickness pay
Duration: Full time
Location: Farringdon, London. Currently, most of the company are working from home and we are developing employeeled flexible working practices to manage through Covid-19 impacts.