Saietta Group is an SME specialising in the design, development and manufacture of electric motors and drive solutions for vehicle OEMs. We are a British company specialising in a full product development service from market research, competitor benchmarking and feasibility study, through to mass production launch and after-sales support.
We work directly with customers to provide bespoke packages tailored to OEM customer requirements. We provide a turnkey service, usually starting with a CAD feasibility study leading to the production of a working prototype. Our head office is in Oxfordshire, England on an ex-military airfield with access to 20 miles of private roads to test and optimise electric drive solutions for two, three and four-wheeled vehicles.
We have ambitious growth plans and, as a result, plenty of opportunities for rapid career progression for the right candidates. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a diverse working environment, with a highly experienced and multi-faceted team. We are looking for self-starters with an entrepreneurial mindset and a flexible approach to work who will be able to thrive in a small but fast-growing business. We also seek people with a high level of integrity and accountability with the desire to make a positive contribution to Saietta.
We are looking for highly motivated people who want to be part of a genuine team working towards common goals. Essential personal attributes include flexibility, good communication, impeccable integrity, team-spirit, creative problem solving, logical thinking and can-do attitude. We do not micro-manage and we are looking for results.
Description of the Role
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Motor Test Technician to join our team. Your role will be to take hands on responsibility for the day-to-day set-up and testing of motors and controllers on motor test rigs, producing and presenting data to support various projects. You will join a close knit and highly experienced engineering team focussed upon delivering projects and solutions for an emerging Electric Vehicle market. This is a fantastic career opportunity for someone looking to join the electric vehicle revolution!
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Day to day set-up, commissioning, and operation of motor and controllers on motor test rigs.
- Performing standard test routines on prototype and series production electric motors, to generate precise electrical and mechanical data to assist the design and production processes.
- Collating and processing data into standard reporting formats.
- Maintaining systems associated with the test rigs: monitoring equipment, wire harnesses, cooling systems etc.
- Performing a wide range of wiring, soldering and mechanical tasks associated with the test function.
- Working with Project Engineers to derive and deliver project specific test facilities and processes.
- Scheduling and delivering planned tasks on time.
- Taking ownership and responsibility for given tasks.
Profile & skills:
- Works well in fast moving, often changing environment.
- Comfortable with operating mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Level-headed and methodical approach.
- Attention to detail with exacting precision and repeatability.
- Good diagnosis and problem-solving skills.
- Have a can-do attitude and willingness to assist other departments whenever possible.
- An interest in electric motors, electronics, and electric vehicles.
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge and/or experience in an industrial, technical, or automotive field.
- Data analysis and mathematical skills. Proficient use of Excel.
- Recognised mechanical/ electrical engineering qualification or appropriate experience.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days holiday.
- Flexi time scheme.
- Share Scheme
- Social Activities.
- Diversity and integrity with an international workforce.