At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
Why do we need to do that? Because more than 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss!
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. But we’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation and our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast, with our community of 45 million users in 17 countries saving more than 94 million meals from going to waste – that’s more than 235,000 tonnes of CO2e saved! But there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
What is a Too Good To Go Champion?
We are looking for people passionate about our food waste mission to be a champion for Too Good To Go and spread the word to food businesses in their area.
This is a short-term role with highly flexible hours, perfect for university students, recent school leavers or graduates, or anyone looking for a purpose-driven role with flexibility.
You will develop important professional skills, experience life in a fast growth scale up organisation, learn about our important mission and our commercial side, and be part of a super motivated team of Waste Warriors!
You will engage food businesses in your area with the concept of Too Good To Go and the need to fight food waste. You will find out about their business and how much surplus they normally have, and then pass their details to our Sales team who will sign them up to our app.
This role is all about lead generation. You will learn how to pitch Too Good To Go, respond to common objections, and get agreement to take down all their important information. You will be supported by our Sales team, who will convert the “warm leads” you’ve brought to us into food surplus-saving stores on the Too Good To Go app.
- Work with and learn from the Sales Specialist responsible for your local areas to understand what businesses are already on the app and what the opportunities are
- Visit food and drink businesses of all types and engage them on the mission and concept of Too Good To Go
- Once a business owner or manager has expressed interest in joining – or at least finding out more! – you will enter all their relevant information onto our systems so that our Sales Specialists can get in touch and sign them up
- You may have the opportunity to do additional work supporting our Sales operations team with administrative tasks
You will work out in the field, visiting prospective food businesses, or from home. The hours each week will be flexible, with a minimum of 10 hours per week. This will initially be a fixed term contract until mid-December, with the possibility of extending.
- You are passionate about sustainability and fighting food waste
- You have a strong interest in business development or sales
- You’re a fantastic communicator, who can get their enthusiasm across as well as be really clear about important details
- You appreciate the need for clear processes and are able to follow them
- You are confident in starting conversations, either on the phone or in person, and have the tenacity to keep trying when things get tough
- You’re curious and eager to learn
We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you know you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with over 1,300 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across numerous countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- £11 per hour, working a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Paid vacation – accrued at the same rate as our full time team.
How to apply
- To apply you will need to answer a number of written questions. You can upload a CV and cover letter if you wish.
- All applications must be written in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
- We will then invite some applicants to submit short videos answering a few simple questions
- The final stage will be in the form of a group interview. Due to the pandemic this will be done virtually on Zoom. Here you will meet other prospective candidates (we’ve got lots of positions available so you won’t be in competition with each other!) as well as a number of people from Too Good To Go. You’ll do some group practice on the material we’ll ask you to prepare, before breaking out into rooms for one-on-one role play sessions.
- If you’re successful you will need to be available for a half-day onboarding session during business hours.