At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Tooling Design Engineer to join our Bicester based R&D Materials team. Working alongside our talented team of individuals you will provide specialist design input for plastic parts creation, in line with business requirements.
- A deep understanding of polymer moulding and processes
- Experience using Siemens NX CAD
- Runner balancing and gate placement knowledge is essential.
- Good communication skills; ability to liaise with engineers and suppliers on a daily basis.
- Keenness to learn and adapt on the job.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Driven and able to work well within a team whilst being a self starter.
We’d love it if you also have:
- Knowledge of simulation software like Mouldex, Mouldflow or similar.
- An understanding of thermoplastic composite materials and processes would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experience using Siemens NX Mould Designer.
- Produce mould tooling designs for a range of thermoplastic and thermoset polymers
- Specifying different materials to tool with for different applications.
- Provide tooling designs suitable for high pressure moulding or prototyping reaction processes dependent on project requirements.
- Offer DFM feedback when required to design engineers using polymers in their applications.
- Designing for single cavity, family tool, to high precision high speed multi cavity tooling.
- Simulation of mould flow for optimisation.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.