To apply for this job please visit ccfe.amrislive.com.
Would you like to use your excellent organisational skills to help deliver fusion/nuclear and science / technology projects?
Could you use your communication skills and technical knowledge to transpose technical information into project plans?
The UK Atomic Energy Authority have an exciting opportunity for trainee project planners to join their team within the Project Management Office. The Project Controls Group consists of over 20 personnel – responsible for planning, costing and controlling technical projects across UKAEA, using Primavera P6 planning software.
Full guidance on compiling project plans including software training, mentoring and coaching, shall be provided by the Project Controls Group to advance your career development.
Shadowing experience on how to work with our cost engineers and management accountants so that projects are delivered in time and within budget, shall also be provided.
Key accountabilities/responsibilities include:
– Collating data from various teams and a range of stakeholders to compile small project schedules or work packages schedules.
– Maintaining the baseline, producing critical path analysis and reporting on variations against the baseline.
– Using Primavera P6 to create and maintain Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and calculate Earned Value.
– Supporting senior planners by gathering planning information from project managers or lead engineers to assist in schedule development of complex programmes.
– Organising meetings on behalf of senior planners with the relevant stakeholders.
– Producing .pdf reports and manipulating data in MS Excel to produce graphical analysis on assigned projects.
– Providing fully resourced project plans to help advise senior managers on shortfalls and levelling the programme as necessary.
At UKAEA we strive to make everyone feel welcome and fully supported. We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particular from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities, (visible and hidden) and women. Our Inclusion Ambassadors are actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the organisation to help make our organisation an employer of choice. UKAEA has a graded career structure and our mentoring scheme will enable you to reach your true potential.
The UKAEA hosts and manages the JET nuclear fusion energy experiment on behalf of the EU and is also home to the UK`s MAST-U fusion energy experiment. UKAEA also works with industry and other third parties to develop new technologies currently in Remote Handling and Materials research. Following recent UK funding two new centres of excellence in tritium fuel handling and component testing and validation are being built. The culture at UKAEA promotes research, innovation and leading edge technological excellence, whilst investing in its people.
For further information on why UKAEA is a great place to work please review our recruitment video via the following link:
For full details on the role, UKAEA and our benefits please download the application pack.
– Good team player with pro-active work ethos.
– Excellent organisational skills and keen attention to detail.
– Ability to quickly understand scientific and technical information.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Exemplary interpersonal skills, technical planning skills.
– Apprenticeship or equivalent qualification/experience in scientific, engineering, project management or another relevant field.
– Experience of working in an engineering project environment.
– Excellent MS Office skills, MS Excel skills would be an advantage.
-We are hoping to carry out initial telephone interviews on 23 November 2020.
You may be required to attend a final interview on 09 December 2020.
Please note that there may be changes to the dates specified, however rest assured that this will be communicated with you if you are shortlisted for interview.
–As part of the selection process you may be expected to complete work based simulation exercises and a personality profile either online or onsite.
-Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
-Please note UKAEA do not pay travel expenses for interviews.
-We actively promote equality and value diversity in our workforce. We operate a number of flexible working arrangements (such as part-time working/job share/home working). Flexible working may be available with this role.
-Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION HAS BEEN EVALUATED AT BOTH LEVEL 3 AND 4. PLEASE NOTE THE LEVEL 3 ROLE OFFERS A SALARY OF £27,135 TO £29,177 AND THE LEVEL 4 ROLE OFFERS A SALARY OF £32,386 TO £34,824. YOUR LEVEL WILL BE ASSESSED AT INTERVIEW.