At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
At Arrival, we design, engineer, and manufacture the components of our vehicles in-house. Vertical integration enables us to control the functionality and cost of our products – passing the cost-savings on to the customer. Buyers have the responsibility to execute purchase orders and maintain transactional purchase-related data throughout the organization. This role challenges the automotive industry’s traditional methodologies and practices by rethinking and executing end-to-end purchase processes in a more simplified, elegant, and streamlined approach.
We’ve assembled some of the finest minds in software, hardware, AI, and robotics and we’re now doing the same with Supply Chain. As a successful Buyer within Elements, you should have prior experience in the field of supply chain procurement, preferably in the manufacturing sector, and proficiency in project management.
- Establish and maintain close communication between suppliers, the company’s stakeholders and relevant departments: Engineering, Finance, Legal, Supply Chain, Warehousing.
- Create, issue, and monitor both large and small purchase orders to fulfill company demand and ensure on-time delivery, cost, and delivery targets are met.
- Update contracts and maintain transactional purchase-related data, while adhering to the organization’s procurement-related procedures through execution in the company’s ERP system.
- Request, process, and maintain relevant documentation throughout the supply chain process (supplier quotation, PO, supplier order acknowledgment, transport documentation, invoicing).
- Support and review global company management systems and other necessary reports to determine material supply, derive trends, perform cost analysis and maintain proper inventory.
- Evaluate supplier’s performance and compliance.
- Conduct routine supplier business data reviews.
- Work with senior leadership to improve the end-to-end purchasing process through communicating gaps and proposing solutions to drive an efficient and repeatable process.
- Act as a subject matter expert on purchase order processes.
- A broad and detailed understanding of order fulfillment processes and procedures; ideally in the manufacturing and/or automotive industries.
- Experience in using Jira, Odoo, or similar ERP procurement systems.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to operate in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience in requesting, receiving, and evaluating quotes from suppliers to verify requirements, pricing and specifications.
- Accounts Payable and Office experience are relevant.
- Experience in using Jira, Odoo, or similar ERP procurement systems are ideal but not required
- Curiosity and hunger to learn.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.