It’s an exciting time to join Cervest. Our inaugural product, EarthScan™, will launch in 2021. EarthScan™ is an automated climate risk impact discovery tool that measures the impact of climate change on physical assets like buildings.
Backed by leading VCs in Europe and the US, Cervest is a climate tech company building the world’s first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
Cervest’s platform will allow organisations to understand the climate risk across all their assets for any timescale and any scenario, anywhere on Earth. Going back 50 years and looking ahead 80 years, it provides critical insight into acute and chronic risks such as flooding, droughts and extreme temperatures to help organisations baseline, monitor, and forecast climate risk.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organisation, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
As mentioned the EarthScan platform allows end users to baseline their climate risk. What is also becoming increasingly apparent is that this is also now becoming a regulatory driver in some countries. In the UK for example, both public and large private companies will be mandated to disclose their climate risk alongside their financial filings. We expect something similar in the US and other G20 nations. In order to respond to this, Cervest is building out an automated TCFD-aligned disclosure product that sits within EarthScan for both physical and transitional risk (TR).
Cervest is looking for a Transitional Risk Analyst to work within the Transitional Risk Team which reports to the Chief Climate Risk Officer. As a Transitional Risk Analyst at Cervest, you will be:
- Researching the TCFD and other relevant ESG Frameworks with respect to TR for the financial and non-financial sectors
- Benchmarking Cervest’s competitors for how they are addressing the topic of TR – establishing what currently is seen as ‘best in class’
- Working with the Carbon Accounting Specialist to build Cervest’s Carbon Accounting Module focusing on Scopes 1, 2 and 3 emissions
- Researching data sources and predictive methods for disaggregating carbon accounting to the asset-level
- Developing a methodology for decarbonisation target setting using for example a ‘science-based targets’ approach and working with Cervest’s engineers, product designers etc to turn this into a product on the EarthScan Platform
- Working with the Head of Product Innovation, Climate Scientists and other relevant internal stakeholders to build out the TR Disclosure Framework template into the TR product
We are looking for people who have:
- Transitional Risk (TR) expertise – someone who has knowledge of the TR component of the TCFD framework
- Knowledge of science based targets methodology
- Knowledge of carbon accounting methodology including the GHG Protocol, emission factors
- Knowledge of building decarbonisation strategies and pathways for companies
- Worked in a corporate, consultancy, emissions trading house or NGO on delivering against the skills outlined above
- Minimum MSc requirement in a relevant degree
- Knowledge of TCFD Framework and ideally other frameworks such as GREESB, CDSB, etc
- 3-5 years experience
- Looking for a self-starter who is perceptive, numerate, curious and energetic
- Needs to be good communicator – excellent command of English in written and spoken form
- Well versed with preparing presentations, briefs, proposals etc
- Comfortable working in a fast paced start-up environment and working with uncertainty
- Experience working with external stakeholders (research, science, academia, civil society orgs etc)
As well as working as part of a passionate and focused team and the thrill of knowing that you’re helping address one of the biggest problems our planet faces, you’ll also be rewarded with a whole host of benefits for both your professional and personal wellbeing, including:
- A remote first working environment with flexibility in working times – the focus is on getting the job done, not just being sat at a desk
- Regular knowledge-sharing sessions within and across teams and ‘Ask Me Anything’ sessions
- Opportunity to have genuine input and impact and help build the company culture as it grows
- Access to Spill, for video or text-based counselling and holistic mental health support
- £1,000 annually to help you expand your knowledge through training, books and wider development activities
- Opportunities to learn from leading experts at organisations including the Alan Turing Institute and the Met Office
- The opportunity to use 10% of your time on projects that help the company’s overall mission outside your day-to-day responsibilities
- Up to £1,000 on a bike via the cycle-to-work scheme
- And in keeping with the climate consciousness goals that are at the very core of this company, you’ll also have your very own plant that you own and take care of!
- Competitive salary
- Share Options
- Pension contributions.