To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.
Location: London, UK
Closing Date: 25 April 2021
Start Date: Immediate
About the Climate Bonds Initiative
Climate Bonds Initiative is an investor-focused NGO working to mobilise the $100 trillion global bond market for climate change solutions. We promote investment in projects and assets necessary for a rapid transition to a low carbon and climate resilient economy.
Our main work streams are green bond standards and certification, data and market analysis, policy and market development, communications and advocacy.
Climate Bonds is a fast growing, dynamic NGO driven by a big mission. You will be working within an organisation that is leading the development of innovative international climate finance solutions.
We are currently looking for a Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees. The candidate will have been a Finance Director (or equivalent) of a substantial organisation. As we are an NGO, the role is pro-bono. The financial operations of Climate Bond Initiative are the responsibility of the Finance Director and the other executive directors.
As Chair of the treasury committee:
- You will provide advice and oversight to the Finance Director and other directors on financial matters.
- You will be a full member of the Board of Trustees who has a collective responsibility to ensure that the organisation fulfils its mission.
Qualification and Experience
- Experience in managing finances within a Financial Institution / Charity
- Experience in leading and advising others on financial, accounting and other operational issues
- Qualified accountant with demonstrated knowledge and experience of finance practices.
- Financial management expertise and a broad understanding of charity finance issues.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to the members of the Board, Senior Leadership Team, and other stakeholders
- Analytical and evaluation skills
- Ability to demonstrate good judgement
- Knowledge and experience in charity fundraising.