Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products globally with annual sales turnover in excess of $250 million across 17 territories.
Job Description: UK & International Sourcing Manager
Reports to: Head of Manufacturing Partnerships
Responsible For: No Direct Responsibilities
Purpose of role:
Build an in-depth knowledge and connections with all the relevant food manufacturing businesses within all areas Quorn operates, in order to manage the sourcing and supplier selection process for Quorn Foods. Contributing to the “Make” strategy as a key enabler to delivering the Quorn Foods purpose and ambition, globally & effectively.
Using extensive commercial knowledge & operational experience you will fully manage and drive continuous improvement of the souring process, working collaboratively and building a strong network of manufacturers in order to deliver the business requirements.
Your Key Contributions and Tasks/Accountabilities:
- Build a database and network, for a full understanding of the relevant manufacturing base – UK and International
- Manage the short- and long-term sourcing direction to deliver the required product range and services.
- Understand the key criteria for selecting a suitable supply partner
- Use cross functional awareness and team connections to make decisions on how and where a product is sourced
- Using a supplier scorecard, review manufacturer options and make recommendations to the project teams.
- In depth knowledge of the requirements for handling Quorn, for technical & quality requirements will enable an efficient selection process.
- Prepare and deliver effective commercial sourcing trips or meetings; briefing and debriefing key stakeholders
- Manage the information flow and maintain a clear documented database of suppliers and key information.
- Ensure new briefs are assigned to the right location
- Continuous improvement of our sourcing process and how we interact with potential supply partners.
- Support the Manufacturing Partnerships team in tenders for key projects/ category outsource – provide supporting data and recommendations.
- Develop relationships internally with the cross functional teams to understand what needs to be sourced.
- Develop supplier relationships and an extensive network of contacts in order to fully understand product & manufacturing expertise.
- Build great working relationships with suppliers that encourage trust and loyalty.
Purpose & Ambition:
- Follow a professional business conduct and always act with integrity and due diligence
- Understand the importance of Confidentiality and IP Protection
- Collaborate internally and externally to foster efficient & effective working relationships with one goal
- Build the culture of the brand – imbed the purpose and ambition into ways of working.
- Contribute to team meetings
- Give advice and support to team members
- Work closely with other relationship holders, senior managers and knowledge managers
- Identify and agreeing personal development needs
- Take actions to address your personal development needs – being pro-active
- Keep up to date with product/service developments
- Develop technical skills
- Food Product Sourcing Knowledge
- Food Production or Process Experience, technical understanding of the requirements.
- Understanding of UK and Global supply chains
- Strong commercial & influencing skills
- Stakeholder management – across work levels, functions and cultures
- Supplier management – solid network & strong relationship management
- “Taking people with you” and selling/ influencing skills
- Planning and analytical skills – organised with attention to detail
- Extremely proactive and finds solutions to problems
- Strong understanding of the sourcing process and critical paths
- Ability to travel, including internationally with flexibility
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- 5 years plus in the food industry
We are offering a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, pension scheme and life insurance options, Employee Assistance Program, and Staff Shop.