At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
- Lead the engineering development, integration and delivery of the vehicle chassis systems and mechanisms, including the braking system, steering system, suspension system, wheels and tyres and subframe.
- Ensure that the vehicle is compliant with crash testing requirements and that the design accounts for testing needs from day one.
- Work in partnership with the product development, structural analysis, design execution, and manufacturing teams to challenge and define system requirements.
- Develop and manage supplier relationships to create, source and deliver chassis systems mechanisms and hardware.
- Generate system DFMEAs & DVPs to ensure strong product design & quality.
- Collaborate with the prototyping and testing teams to plan and review prototype testing and validation of novel closure solutions.
- 4+ years of proven success in a similar role, with knowledge and experience in design of vehicle chassis and body structure from concept to production.
- Proven academic success and credentials, with an engineering or robotics university degree.
- A proficient CAD user with experience in NX systems and comfortable working in CAD.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of seniority.
- The desire and ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment and to begin from day one on a vehicle programme with game-changing aspirations.
- Strong system leadership with the ability to work on the big picture and grasp the full detail.
- Experience managing external supplier relationships in sourcing components and driving the right commercial arrangements.
- Proactivity, and the ability to work as a team player with an attention to detail and drive for continuous improvement.
- The desire and ability to keep learning continuously and to achieve audacious goals.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced startup where every individual looks to constantly improve themselves and their company.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.