To apply for this job please visit unlockedgrads.org.uk.
- Report to: Recruitment Officer
- Salary: Living wage £9.50 per hour (£10.85 with London weighting)
- Hours: 4 hours per week during term time
- Location: Your university campus
- Start date: September 2021
- Contract: Fixed term till March 2022
Unlocked Graduates is an award-winning charity which exists to break cycles of reoffending by developing outstanding individuals to lead rehabilitation in prisons and throughout society.
At the core of our mission is a leadership development programme that brings top graduates into prisons to work as frontline prison officers for two years. This programme includes mentoring, work placements in partner organisations and a fully funded master’s degree. All of which they take part in while taking on the full duties of a frontline prison officer.
The project grew out of a recommendation in the Coates’ Review of prison
education. Programme participants are selected through a rigorous and competitive recruitment process which is raising the profile of the prison officer role. Last year the scheme was ranked 36th in the Times Top 100 Graduate Employers list.
- Work independently to promote the Unlocked Graduates brand across your university using creative marketing techniques and social media
- Support your Recruitment Officer at careers fairs, presentations, and other recruitment events, where you will speak positively and persuasively about Unlocked
- Utilise your own networks within the university community to promote our opportunities and reaching out to societies focussed on Diversity and Inclusion.
- Networking with a range of stakeholders across campus (academic department, societies, and voluntary organisations) to raise the profile of Unlocked Graduates.
- Drive attendance to Unlocked Graduates events
- Create your own engaging events which aim to raise brand awareness and
inform students of the opportunities we offer
- Use social media creatively, to promote upcoming competitions, deadlines,
- As a Brand Ambassador we will fast track your application to the Unlocked
Graduates Leadership Development Scheme
Are you eligible?
• A full-time undergraduate student at a UK University from September 2021
- Eligible to work in the UK (4 hours per week) from September 2021 – March 2022
- Available for an online assessment centre in June
What we are looking for
You will need to demonstrate that you have the following attributes that we look for in our Brand Ambassadors:
“What I loved the most about being an Unlocked Brand Manager would be the relationships I was able to build with people that I would have otherwise never interacted with, and the support and freedom Unlocked gives you to come up with your own ideas”
Revathi, Brand Manager 2019, Unlocked Participant 2021
How to apply
The first stage involves a simple application where we ask for your details and a few questions regarding your motivations to apply for the role, and ask you demonstrate your ability to write an engaging social media post and speak persuasively about Unlocked. If you are successful, you will be invited to take part in a virtual assessment centre with the recruitment team.
Deadline: Friday 4th June 17:00
You can remail the Recruitment Team if you have any further questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
quickly build relationships with new and existing stakeholders such as societies, careers advisors and academics.
Motivation – You will be passionate about Unlocked Graduates, show clear
drive to want to promote the programme and to transform the way we
think about prisons and prisoners.
Initiative – You will need to work independently and be driven on implementing
new ideas, running events, and managing your own time effectively.
Relationship building – It is vital you can
Resilience – Ideas may not always go according to plan so you need to be able
to deal with last-minute changes and the possibility that things may not work
out successfully every time. You will need to be adaptable and solutions-
focused and maintain a positive attitude.
Communication – You will be forthcoming in talking to new people with an
ability to influence and persuade others. You should be a confident
communicator, speaking positively about Unlocked Graduates.
Social Media – You will need to be enthusiastic about social media and be
competent using Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to promote out
opportunities and events.
Planning and organising – You need to be able to effectively plan and organise
you time to ensure you can balance your studies and your role as a Brand