Cervest is building the world’s first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
We’re a certified B-Corp with a vision to democratize access to Climate Intelligence driving a shared responsibility to protect the world’s critical assets — including our greatest shared asset, the planet.
It’s an exciting time to join us. We’ve just raised $30m in Series A investment. Our inaugural product, EarthScan™, will launch in 2021. EarthScan™ enables organizations to de-risk business decisions, meet financial disclosure guidelines, improve resilience, and uncover new opportunities to accelerate low-carbon growth.
We’re backed by leading venture capital firms, including Draper Esprit, Future Positive, Lowercarbon Capital, and Astanor Ventures. We are now building up our team in all areas: sales, marketing, science, engineering, and people operations.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
Cervest is looking for a User Researcher to join our growing product Design Team. You will work alongside designers, product managers, scientists and engineering teams creating customer focused products. You will explore user behaviours and motivations by conducting primary research such as focus groups, interviews, usability testing, participatory sessions, surveys, diary studies and more.
- Responsible for User Research of multiple product and modules in Cervest. Responsible for managing communication with participants and conducting research sessions (eg. usability testing, online surveys, and customer interviews) and translates findings into actionable customer insights that inform product development and optimisation.
- Execute user research for assigned projects
- Recommend them of the appropriate research method to employ for the hypothesis or business problem at hand in order to deliver relevant and actionable learnings
- Communicate findings on actionable insights without prescribing solutions in a clear, concise and objective manner.
- Contributes to expert reviews and heuristic evaluations to identify opportunities within the user interface to improve usability and/or accessibility according to industry standards and best practices.
- Increase empathy across the organisation based on consumer insights
- Bachelor or above degree in behavioural or social sciences, such as Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Human Interaction or similar
- 2+ Experience working in User Research within Technology Industry
- Ability to effectively analyse and present data to influence product design and implementation.
- Strong communication skills — to clearly articulate recommendations and decisions, whether verbal or written.
- Comfortable providing feedback to an array of stakeholders, internal and external, in the organisation.
- A knowledge/experience in Climate or similar domains is a strong plus
Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
We are a remote first company and looking for candidates who would be able to come to our office in London (once travel is sensible) a few times a year using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one time zone of the UK.
Fuller list of benefits on our main career page – we’re an early-stage startup and currently reviewing our benefits in light of becoming a remote-first company. We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.
- Competitive salary
- +30 days holiday
- Remote first company culture
- Flexibility in working times
- £1000 each year to expand your development
- Extensive home office budget
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health with access to Spill
- Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
- We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.