The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Part of OVO Group, Kaluza is the leading intelligent energy platform powering the future of energy. From revolutionising billing to smart electric vehicle charging, Kaluza’s real-time cloud platform empowers some of the biggest energy suppliers to optimise their operations and invest in innovating for tomorrow’s customers. Driving decarbonisation, Kaluza intelligently manages the charging of smart home technologies, reducing customers’ energy bills and laying the foundations for a more flexible, cheaper and greener energy system. www.kaluza.com
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
The Product Design discipline lives in the Platform Design department. It sits alongside Content Design, Design Operations, Design System, Research and Service Design.
You’ll also be joining our OVO-wide community of 60+ researchers and designers. We help teams see through the eyes of real people – understanding their context, motivations, and needs.We use a variety of tools and methods to make the greatest impact. These include design workshops, getting people excited about service design, UX critiques, improving our accessibility, and putting participants first in our research.
What will I be doing?
- Design user journeys, service maps, documentation, user flows and wireframes.
- Use research techniques and run tests to understand user needs.
- Work in line with our design system, accessibility standards and patterns. And build on these wherever relevant.
- Use various tools for sketching, collaborating, prototyping and communicating design. We love Figma and Miro!
- Use agile and lean approaches to software development. We use tools like Jira and Confluence.
- Collaborate and build relationships with engineers and product managers. This will involve facilitating workshops and co-designing solutions.
- Take part in design critiques and show-and-tells.
- Measure the impact of your work and show how it helps meet team objectives.
Is this the job for me?
Our ideal candidate will have these skills, qualities and experiences:
- Enjoy tackling complex problems and thinking laterally.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Skilled in building strong relationships across an organisation.
- Simplify complex ideas and communicate them effectively.
- Love learning about people and what makes them tick.
- Comfortable sharing ideas and pushing initiatives forward.
- Understand biases and assumptions (including your own).
- Hungry to learn and go outside your comfort zone.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
If you have most of the qualities above, but not all of them, please apply anyway. We think passion and attitude are sometimes as valuable as experience.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.