Clim8’s mission is to have a positive impact on climate change. We want to empower millions of people to invest sustainably in themes that include clean energy, clean technology, sustainable food, smart mobility and recycling. Clim8 is well funded having already raised £5 million.
About the role
We’re looking for a passionate and skilled UX/UI Designer to join us at Clim8. As part of our product team working on our Clim8 Invest mobile app, your role will be to:
- Help identify what problems we need to solve (alongside a product manager)
- Design solutions that meet our customers’ needs
- Work with the developers to bring those designs to life.
We’re currently moving to work in cross-functional squads – comprising a product manager, a designer and developers. So our ideal candidate is someone with a strong UX background who’s also comfortable producing high-fidelity designs in keeping with our design system and brand guidelines when needed. As a small product and design team (2 PMs, a UX designer and a UI designer) we’re still figuring out the best way to do this so open to hearing from candidates who think they can cover this broad role.
This role will focus on the following activities:
- Work with the product manager to identify what customer problems to solve next.
- Validate hypotheses on problems and potential solutions via customer interviews, user tests, data analysis etc.
- Develop creative ideas and solutions that identify and address our users’ needs and deliver a great experience on our mobile app.
- Create wireframes, prototypes and designs for new product ideas or features.
- Proactively bring ideas to the table on new ways to engage our users and improve the way we work;
- Liaise with the Product and Engineering teams to ensure a quality end product that matches design specifications.
What experience and skills do I need?
- At least 3 years of experience as a designer – preferably in a startup, design studio or creative agency with a strong focus on user experience design
- Experience working in a team with other designers
- Strong experience with the UX design process
- Excellent knowledge of Figma / Sketch
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a foundation of design principles, as well as creativity and versatility across digital channels
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor your message to relevant audiences – both technical and non-technical
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (preferred).
- You’re a high-agency, high accountability person who gets things done
- A creative thinker and problem solver with exceptional attention to detail
- Passionate about sustainability and solving the climate crisis
- You challenge assumptions, use insight to make informed choices, and take calculated risks to seize on opportunities.
- Flexible working;
- 25 days’ holiday;
- Birthdays off;
- A diverse and inclusive culture;
- Building a better future!
Please send us your portfolio and cover letter at hello@clim8invest[dot]com