Are you a mega creative, motivated and self-driven designer with a passion for sustainability? If so, this is the position for you! Wholegrain Digital is seeking a talented, self-motivated web designer with experience designing websites from conception through to production.
About the Role
Wholegrain Digital is a world leader in sustainable web design and is looking for a digital designer to help lead our team (and our industry) to set even higher standards in what we should expect from the web. We are looking for a digital designer who is visionary, creative, results focused and who genuinely cares about creating a better world.
This is a full time, semi remote position in an open and relaxed environment. You will be required to attend our London office every Thursday and will split the remainder of your time between working from home our office at Somerset House in London and meetings at client offices in London.
Salary: £32,000-42,000 dependent on experience.
Does this sound like you?
- Creative, self-motivated and a genuine team player
- Experience facilitating design and UX workshops with team members and clients
- Advanced Sketch and Photoshop skills
- Ability to work at a good pace while keeping an eye on detail
- Sufficient technical knowledge to ensure that your designs are feasible
- Curiosity to ask the right questions to identify client and user needs
- Ability to plan sitemaps, user journeys and wireframes for websites
- Understanding of how design decisions impact real world results
- Ability to communicate your ideas to others
- Confidence to present creative ideas to clients.
A thought leader in design best practice and the purpose of design in society.
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InVision and Whimsical will be very useful
- Front end development skills would be a bonus but are not essential
- Experience providing design advice to other members of a team
- Knowledge of the latest trends in typography
- UX experience and understanding of conversion optimisation
- Illustration and Animation (web animation) would be a bonus.
Our Recruitment Process:
- If we like the look of your cv and portfolio, we’ll be in touch to organise an initial telephone call to get to know you better
- From there, we’ll ask you to complete a design test that we’ve put together
- If you’ve wowed us with your design skills, we’ll invite you to attend a face-face interview with our Senior Designer, People Manager and our Directors. (Due to Covid-19, we will be conducting interviews via Google Hangout)
How To Apply:
Simply click the below “Apply for this role” button and fill in your application! Please remember to submit your CV, Cover Letter, Portfolio in your application!
Please note, we get a lot of good looking applications so will only respond to successful applicants.
Recruitment Agencies, please don’t contact us.