We’re looking for a UX/UI Designer for Kraken Technology’s main product
We’re looking for a UX/UI Designer who is passionate about designing simple, elegant user experiences, and using human-centred design as a source of inspiration to solve complex problems on behalf of our current customers. You’ll be working to bring a sense of identity and consistency to Kraken Technology’s main product.
What you’ll do
- You will work with a wildly talented, diverse and passionate team, focusing on a range of large-scale and complex design challenges
- You will work directly with the CTO, front and back-end developers, and energy specialists to further improve the design and identity of the platform and its features
- You will be free to choose the tools and programs used to design, test, and review progress
- You will use analytics data and first-hand research to understand user behaviours and inform design changes
- You will have access to the design team at Octopus Energy, to share ideas and opinions
What you’ll need
- An ability to pick up work in a fast paced environment with a willingness to learn
- An in-depth knowledge of site design, UX & UI, working with marketing collateral, and branding.
- An interest in sustainability, green energy and zero emissions transport.
- An ability to respond to complicated briefs from stakeholders, make decisions and communicate an appropriate response/strategy.
- Previous experience across digital design
- The ability to be a confident and flexible designer. Your sweet spot is the intersection of design and social impact.
- An agile mindset; you can both nurture a cohesive product vision and finesse visual designs at a vector or pixel level.
- An ability to relate to individuals and nurture other team members.
- A degree in Graphic Design, Creative marketing/advertising, or Visual communication, or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience with a variety of graphic design and interactive tools such as Illustrator, Indesign, and Photoshop (Knowledge of other adobe suite is a plus)
What you’ll get
- Equity Option Scheme (own part of the business)
- Pension Scheme – Employer 5% Employee 3% – you can opt to contribute more!
- Flexible working environment
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Fruit, breakfast and hot drinks
- Weekly Friday drinks
- Regular social events (3 parties a year including a Summer festival)
- Access to Hatch – Financial advice and planning for employees
- Childcare Vouchers
- Maternity and Paternity pay
- Support to help with development (courses, learning, development)
If you this sounds like you and you have a genuine passion for what we are doing then we’d love to hear from you!