// Who are we?
Onto is the all-inclusive electric car subscription changing the rules of the game for car ownership.
By 2030 the UK government has declared that all new cars must be electric. At Onto we believe that change can’t come soon enough and we want to give everyone the experience of driving an electric car whilst also doing the right thing for our planet.
Over the last 10 years, other industries such as media and food delivery have already shown that customers love the benefits of a subscription service. One industry that hasn’t moved forward so quickly is how people purchase cars. 2 out of 3 UK drivers want their next car to be electric, but it’s daunting. Last year out of the 2.3m cars sold in the UK, 90% of new cars in the UK were sold through finance, with a multi-year commitment, yet 70% of consumers decided against paying the final balloon payment to own the car at the end of the contract.
Drivers want more flexibility and the convenience of paying monthly but without long-term personal finance contracts or the hassle of arranging insurance, servicing, tax or repairs.
At Onto, for a flat monthly fee, customers get the latest electric cars with insurance, servicing, breakdown cover and free public charging at over 12,000 locations in the UK. There is no deposit and only a 1-month commitment. Hassle-free, emissions-free, and affordable driving.
How does it work? Simple. It’s a fully digital service. Sign up and we’ll deliver your car to your door within 72 hours. You just need to unlock your car with the Onto app and enjoy your drive!
Onto was formed in 2017 by co-founders Rob Jolly (CEO) and Dannan O’Meachair (VP People). Originally formed after Rob saw the challenge of converting people over to electric vehicles while working in the Corporate Strategy area of Jaguar Land Rover. After a few pivots in strategy and company name changes, Onto was born. In 2021 after closing a Series B funding round (we are awaiting full public announcement before we can share the money raised). The Onto team is looking to radically enhance the customer experience and set us up for explosive growth. Come and join us – you’re in for an exciting ride!
Join us on our mission of revolutionising the £2 trillion automotive industry
// The Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Vehicle Integration Engineer to join our Vehicle Operations team to lead the development work on the integration of our keyless technology in all new electric vehicle models coming on to our fleet. Each new model that Onto brings on to the fleet goes through a rigorous testing and sign-off process and the successful candidate will need to work closely with internal and external partners to ensure that Onto’s App first experience is seamless on all new vehicles.
// What will you do
You will also be responsible for monitoring and managing the resolution of any issues with the keyless technology on our vehicles with customers, demonstrating a customer-first approach to provide quick resolutions to complex issues. The go-to person in the business for knowledge on the keyless technology and responsible for ensuring that our customers always have a great, App-first experience when using our service and delivering that throughout our ambitious growth plans. But in particular, you will:
- Leading the integration work on all new vehicle models, working closely with Onto suppliers to ensure all vehicles are signed-off before the first delivery
- Setting up effective monitoring mechanisms for the hardware on our live fleet, identifying issues & deploying our field engineers where necessary rectify
- Identify any emerging issues/trends with our product and put in place robust project processes to efficiently resolve them
- Manage the working relationship with our hardware provider; working closely with them to develop software packages and work on our fleet of test vehicles to sign-off
// A bit about you
It is essential that you can multitask in a friendly, specialized, fast-paced, intellectually challenging, proactive environment and work quickly to master-detail under pressure. The ability to remain calm, and bring order to complex tasks with tight deadlines is essential.
- Degree (upper second class or higher) in a STEM subject
- Experience in delivering complex, multi-stakeholder projects in a technical environment
- Experience in working with external suppliers, setting up effective communication channels and support cadence to deliver projects on-time
- Analytical mind-set and the ability to self-motivate to diagnose issues and put in place robust solutions
- Passionate about sustainability and creating solutions to accelerate the uptake of sustainable mobility solutions
- Experience in the automotive industry, particularly with keyless technologies
// What we can offer
- Onto car discount (via Salary Sacrifice) – become a customer and join the EV revolution
- £200 Annual Learning budget
- Summer and Christmas Party
- Off-sites / digital company meetups
- Contribution to a Personal Pension Scheme
- Small milestone gifts (Birthdays, Life Milestones, Work Milestones)
- Reward and Recognition monthly and every quarter for employees
- Discounts on retail, travel and cinema tickets through perks at work
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000