Job title / post: Ventilation (MVHR) Technician
Working hours: Full time. 40 hours per week.
Location: London and the South East
Reporting to: Thomas Faulkner, MVHR Installations Manager
Salary bracket: £23,000 to £27,000 per year
Application closing date: 28th May 2021
Provisional interview dates: Week commencing 31st May 2021
Introduction to the role
Following the growth of our MVHR offering we are recruiting for an MVHR technician to join the team. This is a new role for us. The successful candidate will combine home working with site visits around London and the South East of England, occasionally further afield, completing remedial, installation and commissioning of steel branch and semi-rigid duct MVHR systems. Problem solving is an essential skill for this role, alongside having a professional and personable approach with clients and contractors.
Key features of the role include:
- Liaising with clients and contractors
- Organising site visits
- Finishing projects and resolving site issues
- Operating with a high level of autonomy and responsibility, once familiar with the role
- Supporting and developing colleagues to foster an environment of support and shared learning
Enhabit and Green Building Store are purpose-led companies with a strong ethical and environmental ethos. Tackling the impact of buildings and construction on the climate and ecological crises lies at the heart of our business activities. Enhabit is a consultancy that uses low energy design to transform uncomfortable and wasteful buildings into comfortable and controllable living spaces. Green Building Store offers products and support for Passivhaus and low energy buildings. Both companies have extensive experience of working on low energy homes and buildings and combine technical expertise with outstanding personal service and aftercare. Together we are working to make low energy building simpler and easier, and to offer our customers a ‘whole house’ service.
You can find out more about the merger, and what we do, on our websites:
You will need to demonstrate these in your application, either through your CV or cover letter, in order to be shortlisted for interview
- Knowledge and experience installing different MVHR systems and ventilation duct work
- CSCS card to access building sites
- Full UK driving license
- Excellent communications skills
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrable experience of collaborative working
- Empathy with our environmental ethos and objectives
We will look favourably on candidates that are able to demonstrate these requirements, but they are not essential:
- Experience commissioning MVHR systems
- Electrical installation experience
- BPEC ventilation qualification or similar
- Ideally based in London or Kent. Must be able to get to sites around the South East using own vehicle.
We also place a high value on diversity and will therefore consider improving the diversity of our team in our assessment of candidates.
Working at Green Building Store and Enhabit
Green Building Store and Enhabit are innovative, ethical companies with a friendly and creative working environment and a supportive team ethos. We have high levels of commitment and motivation and expect this from anybody joining the business. We pride ourselves on top quality products and services alongside great customer care. All staff are made to feel included and discrimination is not tolerated. We are also committed to improving our diversity and welcome applications from all backgrounds. We are primarily looking for people that share our energy, passion, and enthusiasm for the environment and averting the climate crisis.
Some of the key benefits our staff enjoy include:
- Learning from our team and being part of our exciting growth plans
- Training and development tailored to suit your professional development needs
- Making a positive and proactive contribution to addressing the climate and ecological impact of building
- Annual paid holiday entitlement of 28 days including bank holidays, with the option of swapping a week’s pay for an extra week of holiday
How To Apply
Please apply via our Indeed account or send your CV, cover letter and responses to the below questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job role in the subject header. In your cover letter we would like you to explain why you are interested in this role and how your skills and experience relate to the job specification.
All applications will be acknowledged, so please call to check if no response is received.
Contact us to find out how we can help you to take control of your project.