To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.
Yunus Environment Hub is looking for a Venture Building Manager (m/f/d)
We are looking for a full-time venture building manager (m/f/d), who will lead and coordinate social business venture building projects in the waste management sector. Starting 1st of July 2021, the successful candidate will be based in Germany or CET.
Yunus Environment Hub (YEH) is the global social business network that creates solutions for the environmental crisis. Co-founded and led by Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Prof. Muhammad Yunus YEH’s vision is to create A World of Three Zeros: Zero Poverty, Zero Unemployment and Zero Net Carbon Emissions. To achieve this vision, we support, design and implement social business solutions related to any aspect of the current global environmental crisis. A social business is a mission-driven business that is entirely dedicated to solving social or environmental problems. Specifically created for this purpose, a social business generates profits and aims to be financially self-sustaining. 100% of a social business company’s profits are reinvested into its declared social mission.
Tasks and Responsibilities of the Venture Building Manager
• Lead and coordinate the development of multiple waste management social businesses located in South Asia, Southeast Asia and East Africa in close collaboration with the local project teams
• Overlook and manage funding budget, operational financials, and investments to ensure coherence with business plan and financial projections
• Lead and drive product development efforts including technical, operational, and marketing-related activities, certifications and standard compliances
• Assess and create waste management technology, machinery and equipment plans
• Align project roadmaps, objectives, and results to benefit most efficiently from
• Develop effective solutions for challenges in infrastructure, sourcing, local regulations
• Partnership and ecosystem development, both globally and locally
• Impact measurement, overall project reporting, expansion or replication to new project locations
Required Competencies and Experiences
• Commitment to the vision and core values of YEH as well as to topics of environmental and social sustainability as outlined by the United Nations’ SDGs
• Min 5 years of experience in venture building, project management and operations/production management as a plus
• Extensive knowledge in solid waste management, plastic recycling, resource recovery preferable in both, high and low-income countries
• Entrepreneurial mindset and hands-on experience in building a business/subsidiary
• Strategic thinking and solution-oriented business acumen
• High proficiency in communicating with different stakeholders from different systemic backgrounds
• Proven expertise in topics such as environmental issues, social business, entrepreneurship, circular economy, sustainable innovations, policy and regulations
• Language requirements: fluent in English (spoken and written)
• Meaningful projects and mission-driven company
• A versatile and flexible work environment with high impact organisations from social
and environmental entrepreneurship
• A growing dynamic team of passionate professionals from various disciplines
• Remote work and productive office environment
• Competitive salary package
• Start date: 1.7.2021
• Offices in Wiesbaden and Munich, remote work is possible
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and your salary expectations to Ms Luise Wunner (firstname.lastname@example.org) until 13th June 2021.