Resonance Ltd has an exciting opportunity in the Manchester and Bradford area for freelance Void Managers to work on our National Homelessness fund.
This fund is expected to deploy over the next 3 years and will offer the chance to be involved in tackling the issue of homelessness in Manchester and Bradford.
If you have experience managing refurbishment and understand what is needed to bring a property up to a set specification and can manage the refurbishment while also meeting health & safety standards within budget and on time, this could be for you.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working directly with estate agents, vendors, head office and property team to work with the contractors working on refurbishing our housing stock
- Liaising with Resonance and reporting on progress to staff and the contractors
- Manage the refurbishment progress including monitoring subcontractors, checking materials, inspecting work and overseeing quality control
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
- Problem solving and dealing with any issues that arise
- Working with the Property Refurbishment Manager to determine an accurate schedule of works for each property
- You will need to be a team player, working with people in and outside of the organization to get the job done and meet agreed targets.
- Ensure all property details handed over to you are accurate.
- Able to offer advice on aspects of design and construction, including maintenance, repair, refurbishment and restoration of existing residential buildings.
- Prepare comprehensive reports for each property viewed, using our standard templates and methods of reporting (Podio, email and phone).
- Carry out accurate measured surveys or draw up detailed floorplans as and when required.
- Advise on the feasibility and suitability of identified properties and estimate the costs to get the property to an agreed specification using our Acquisition Template.
- In addition to carrying out the inspections, you will need to be able to report on defects and recommend ways to improve the properites, so they meet our standards.
£700 per property completion inc. all required site visits and admin
Schedule of works visit and admin £22 per hour
Mileage paid 45p per mile (first 100 miles then 25p thereafter)
Here at Resonance Ltd we believe in being inclusive and giving everyone an equal chance to succeed. Applications are welcome from all regardless of age, sex, gender identity, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, race, sexual orientation, transgender status or social economic background.