To apply for this job please visit res-group.csod.com.
We are searching for an experienced Warehouse and Logistics Supervisor based in Exeter.
Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We’re the world’s largest independent renewable energy company. We’re driven by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our ambitions would be impossible without our people. Because we’re tackling some of the world’s toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They’re our most important asset so that’s why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they’re at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes a real impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell five days per annum, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make an impact somewhere else.
As a major player in the renewable energy market, RES continues to grow in reputation, scale and capability. Our market-leading Spare Parts Management Service is being enthusiastically taken up by owners of industrial-scale renewable energy sites who are eager to secure a reliable source of spare parts. In that context, the wide-ranging RES Solar Warehouse and Logistics Supervisor role is pivotal and is an exciting opportunity for a talented candidate who can bring our key values of Passion, Accountability, Collaboration and Excellence to the role.
The role is based at our Logistics Centre on the outskirts of Exeter. Tools, equipment, training and the support of the whole RES Group will be provided.
The functions and duties of the role are diverse:
The overall purposes of the role is to oversee, manage and improve the spare parts supply fulfilment service. The service is expected to grow into a multi-million pound operation, with team size increasing accordingly, and applications are welcome from candidates who are ambitious to play a major part in this growth.
- Warehouse Management: Managing the function, maintenance and safety of the warehouse environment.Making recommendations for development and enhancement of the value of the facility
- Process Development and Improvement: Proactive approach to the plan-do-check-act cycle of incremental improvement of relevant process and systems, including after action reviews and demonstrable application of lessons learned
- Goods in: receiving deliveries, checking paperwork and goods for specification, condition and quality, capturing serial numbers, moving and stowing goods, updating stock management system with records
- Goods out and order fulfilment: receiving orders (from internal or external customers), picking the parts, specification and quality checking, moving and packing
- Despatch and Logistics: Booking and co-ordinating suitable delivery transport, including self-booking for collection and delivery in depot vehicle, co-ordinating safe and successful collection and receipt at destination,
- Stock levels: managing and maintaining stock levels in line with policies, reporting on stock inventory (including year-end stock take), co-ordinating re-ordering, tracking shelf life,
- Warehouse Equipment: co-ordinating the sourcing, training, operation and servicing of the warehouse equipment including PPE, lifting equipment, packing equipment, COSHH facility
- Waste Management: Managing warehouse derived waste in line with RES policies. Including quarantine of returned defective components, disposal of end of life components and consumables. Diligent waste management and transfer administration
- Administration and Record Keeping: detailed control of key records and systems. Timely updating of key systems and personnel to ensure situational awareness is maintained
- Strong understanding of warehouse safety and familiarity in applying HSE guidance HSG76
- Familiarity with waste PUWER, waste disposal, WEEE, COSHH
- Adept at using computerised stock management systems and other digital technology
- Supremely organised
- Experienced and calm multi-tasker
- Clear communicator
- Great attention to detail
- Disciplined adherence to process
- Experience with warehouse and logistics environment, systems and procedures, operation of equipment
- Driving license
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.