We are now shipping UpCircle products globally. Getting our products into people’s hands is arguably the most important thing we do. Everything we work towards leads us to the point where our UpCirclers are in contact with the finished product – but the products don’t just land into people’s hands by magic!
We’re looking for someone who is able to work a 25 hour week, five hours a day, from 1pm until 6pm. The “warehouse” is our railway arch in Camberwell, South London and it is managed single-handedly (for now) by Drew.
As we grow, the movement of stock increases and the complexity of the overall operation does too, so you’ll need to liaise closely with our Operations Manager Juliana based in our office in Westminster, 20 minutes away. Your job will be to work with Drew to efficiently manage goods in and goods out and ensure that you communicate what’s been sent! From the moment one of the UpCircle team sends you a fulfilment request, it’s then over to you to make it happen. This could be a journalist needing an individual product for a photoshoot, or a retailer in Finland wanting 800 serums – all with translated language labels!
We’re now selling so many scrubs that we need someone to be specifically focused on helping us to collect and process coffee grounds from our local coffee shop partners, getting it ready to be sent of to our manufacturers who add in the rest of the ingredients.
Our “warehouse” location is our railway arch in Camberwell, South London and this is where the role will be based from. At the arch is a bicycle with a trailer. We need you to arrive at the Arch, collect the bike and cycle it from coffee shop to coffee shop. The coffee shops are all relatively local to the arch – Camberwell, Battersea, Clapham, Brixton, Dulwich, Herne Hill etc. You would then cycle it back to the arch and begin the processing.
The main sorts of processing required are sieving, drying and sterilising. It’s physical work, but we’re proud that our products are made people instead of machines using simple methods. We do use some machines for mixing, but the bulk of our products are still simply made by real people. This enables us to monitor the process closely to ensure that the end result is skincare of the finest quality. Nothing slips through the net – quite literally!
We’re looking for someone self-motivated, energetic, independent, adaptable and efficient. The arch location is managed by Drew who will support you in your role. The rest of the team may be based in a different building, but we’re all working to achieve the same goal.
Examples of daily tasks: Processing ingredients, preparing a pallet of stock for our fulfilment warehouse, collecting coffee from our local coffee suppliers, influencer and press product send-outs, wholesale orders, dealing with customer returns, customer sample requests, stock takes, customer complaints.
Job role is available to start immediately.
- Be one half of a team of two working in our arch in Camberwell
- Reporting on stock that comes in and out of the arch
- Alerting our operations manager on equipment ordering
- Sending out stock from our arch to our main fulfilment warehouse in Birmingham
- Fulfilment: Picking and packing for all requests send by the rest of our team (press, influencers etc.)
- Adhering to individual packing requirements of retailers
- Labelling of bespoke shipments (translation labels, tester pots, bulk / refill stores etc.)
- Collecting and processing coffee from our coffee shop suppliers
- Highly organised and forward thinking
- Efficient and meticulous
- Problem solving approach – be willing to adapt to individual customer’s needs. Have a “can do” attitude and willingness to make it happen, no matter what the request!
- Confident cyclist
- Quality control and attention to detail – always aware of how the product is received by the customer
- Self-motivated – you will be in charge of the warehouse on your own. We need someone who is able to prioritise and use quieter times to effectively plan for the future
- Always ensure safe working practices and operate equipment in line with health and safety procedures.
- Competitive starting salary depending on experience
- Collecting and processing coffee which is our signature repurposed ingredient, a huge responsibility
- Rapidly-growing, fast-paced action where no two days are the same
- Opportunity to develop and grow across all aspects of the business
- Enough skincare goodies to shake a tree at
- The chance to make a serious impact from the get-go
- Role is based in Camberwell SE5, South London
- Start Date: Immediate
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a CV in PDF with a brief intro to email@example.com with the subject “UpCircle Warehouse Assistant”. Good luck!