Is cycling your passion? Then look no further as this might be the job for you!
First Mile is London’s leading business recycling service, helping 25,000 customers in London and Birmingham. We need polite, efficient and capable cyclist who knows and understands cycling in Central London.
We are looking for a cyclist for our busy recycling business based in London who will be responsible for collecting First Mile sacks from our customers at their business establishments in London. You will work 9 hour shifts, Monday to Friday from 6:00 p.m.
Skills and Knowledge
- Previous experience cycling in London
- Calm and considerate approach to work.
- Professional individual who always represents the Company brand.
- Always going the extra mile.
- Good spoken English.
- Have a great knowledge and understanding of all First Mile products.
- Load bike with listed Company bags as per your daily collection route.
- Ensure products are loaded correctly not causing any hazard to yourself/pedestrians/other road users.
- Plan and follow the most efficient routes.
- Collect First Mile products from our customers whilst riding Company bicycle.
- Report any customer issues to Supervisors/ Operations Manager right away.
- Complete Bike Checklist Sheet prior to the start of each shift, ensuring bike is safe to ride.
- Report any bike maintenance issues immediately.
- At the end of each shift, bike is to be kept safe at the bike designated area.
- At the end of each shift, battery is to be connected to a charger so can be fully charged overnight.
Always cycle safely and carefully, comply with Highway Code.
- 28 days annual leave per year (inclusive of bank holidays), plus one additional annual leave day for each whole year of service up to a maximum of 5 additional days.
- great training, pension & lots of other benefits