To apply for this job please visit www.wholegraindigital.com.
Wholegrain Digital is on a mission to use design and web technology to help create a sustainable future. We want to lead the way in becoming a truly sustainable business and greening the internet.
Our team adopts a semi-distributed working culture with the aim of providing the perfect balance of customer service, team interaction and work-life harmony. We work to create an inclusive and supportive environment in which people are empowered to do their best work and are valued for their contribution, regardless of their background. Our non-conventional structure avoids politics and bureaucracy, encouraging all team members to challenge and be challenged in order to continually improve every aspect of what we do.
About the role
We are looking for an Account Manager with WordPress and Agency experience who gets a kick out of creating and growing awesome client relationships. You will be a self-starter, a problem solver, and a great communicator who works closely with our team of Project Managers, Developers, and Designers to ensure that our clients are at the heart of everything we do.
As our Account Manager, You will:
- Share the same values and beliefs in sustainability (as a whole and of websites) as the rest of our team.
- Have a solid understanding of WordPress Technology and Agency working style.
- Need to be brave to politely screen clients who may not share the same value as us.
- Be informed and innovative to find better solutions for our clients.
- Take the ownership of managing client relationships, marketing our brand and connecting with our project managers.
Activity in this role will be broken down as follows:
- 50% – Respond to enquiries and follow them through to win new projects
- 30% – Build and maintain positive long term client relationships in collaboration with our team
- 20% – Strategic business development and admin
Your main responsibility will be to win over our clients, establish strong and positive ongoing relationships and generate new business.
You’ll take ownership of client account management, and deliver positive and organic sales experiences to our clients throughout. You will need to have a great eye for new business opportunities, excellent communication skills, and knowledge and experience in professional customer service. You also need to understand the specifications of clients’ needs, make sure that what we can deliver matches what they want and be the first person to solve any clients’ problem.
Being an Account Manager means you will always need to take a different perspective as our clients. Here in Wholegrain, we want you to have your opinion while you are liaising with our clients. You need to be confident in handling meetings and negotiating, as well as being brave and shape in decision making. It is very important that you truly understand the ethical and value behind our work and willing to say “No” to potential clients. It is not all about money and sales here.
We have a non-conventional structure here, and value the importance of independence and autonomy. So there is no line manager to oversee and manage you, and you will work and manage your own schedule. You will prioritise your to do list, meetings, and other tasks on a daily basis. You’ll have another account manager in the team to soundboard. You’ll report to our Managing Director, and work with our Project Management Team, our Developers, Designers, Finance, HR and Learning and Development.
To support the above, you need the following skills:
You are the one of the people who is responsible for nurturing positive relationships with all our clients. You will get to know the clients’ pain points and help them to implement solutions.
You are also the first line of escalation for any client issues, and always able to help to prepare proposals and present pitches. You can spot opportunities at driving forward the business, and attend events to help promote new business.
From time to time you will proactively suggest where we can improve our client’s sites across design, development, digital marketing, SEO. You will also provide monthly reports to our Managing Director on internal and external issues whether that be positive or negative.
Please refer to this ARCI sheet for full details of accountabilities and responsibilities.
Desired skills and experience
- A good understanding of WordPress CMS.
- Agency working experience
- Knowledge of the WordPress product industry
- Proven track record of maintaining positive client relationships
- 5 years of experience working in an agency as an Account Manager
- The ability to manage a busy work schedule and divide your time between multiple clients
- A good understanding of the capabilities of WordPress
- An understanding of Analytics would be an added bonus
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience working remotely
- Most of all, you love talking to people, making them feel valued and informed and enjoy making positive connections that result in mutually beneficial working relationships
- Experience managing pitches internally from writing creative briefs, undertaking research, writing presentations and being hands-on during the pitch process.
Desired person specification
- A ‘People Person’ is a must
- Be a proactive communicator
- A positive thinker
- Excellent customer service and understanding of professional client relationships
- Thoughtful, considerate and able to take different perspectives
- Self-driven work ethic: You need to be 100% reliable, self-motivated, comfortable taking the initiative
- A confident communicator and negotiator, able to lead discussions without personal bias or emotion
- Understand business requirements of Wholegrain and our clients
- Able to handle difficult situations with clients
- Confident to nicely say “No” to clients and able to defend our value and ethics
- Enjoy variety and have the ability to switch
- Always strive to make things better
- Have an eagerness to learn
- Believe in the importance of standardisation and processes
- Have the ability to work under pressure, with high attention to detail
- Have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Be naturally honest and dependable
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working a customer service role
- Experience with remote working
- Knowledge of SEO and Digital Marketing
- Familiarity with Account Management and remote-work tools
Compensation and benefits:
- This role is flexible in working hours between 32 to 40 hours per week, semi remote. We normally would ask you to spend one of your working days per week in our London office, but at the moment under the Government Covid -19 Guidance, you will not be required to, you will be working from home.
- Competitive salary with pension, the range for this role is: £35k to £38k pa
- 22 days of paid holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Birthday off
- Flexible working
- Renewable energy rewards
- Perks through work
- Paid travel to events in Europe
- Somerset House discounts
- Free bike access
- Maternity/paternity leave, and sick pay
- Doing a job in which you can make a difference to your teammates and help create a sustainable future
Our recruitment process:
- If we like the look of your cv and cover letter, we’ll be in touch to organise an initial telephone call to get to know you better
- If you’ve wowed us in the telephone call, we’ll invite you to attend a face-face interview with our HR team, our Strategic Account Manager and our Directors. (Due to Covid-19, we will be conducting interviews via Google Hangout)
- We will contact you within 2 weeks to let you know the outcome of your interview.
How to apply:
Simply click the below “Apply for this role” button and fill in your application!
We get a lot of good CVs but what we are really looking for is a remarkable individual.
Please ensure you attach a cover letter and CV.
Please note, although we appreciate every candidate’s unique background and knowledges, for this role we are looking for talents who have knowledge of WordPress Technology and experience in Agency working industry, we will only be in contact with successful applicants who meet this criteria.
Recruitment agencies – please don’t contact us.