To apply for this job please visit www.wholegraindigital.com.
Wholegrain Digital is on a mission to use design and web technology to help create a sustainable future. We want to lead the way in becoming a truly sustainable business and greening the internet.
Our team adopts a semi-distributed working culture with the aim of providing the perfect balance of customer service, team interaction and work-life harmony. We work to create an inclusive and supportive environment in which people are empowered to do their best work and are valued for their contribution, regardless of their background. Our non-conventional structure avoids politics and bureaucracy, encouraging all team members to challenge and be challenged in order to continually improve every aspect of what we do.
About the role
We are looking for a highly organised and proactive project manager, with great communication skills and an ability to set clear boundaries to keep projects on track.
The main aspect of the role will be to manage WordPress web design and development projects, liaise with other team members to identify the best solutions for clients and to consult clients on their requirements. Occasionally you’ll be requested to assist Account Managers to scope new enquiries. You’ll need to be proactive, confident and friendly with clients, have a solid understanding of the market and solutions we provide, and have excellent attention to detail.
As our Project Manager, you will:
- Communicate with the client to gather requirements & source material
- Advise the client on the best solution for their needs
- Build and manage effective project teams
- Manage designers and developers to ensure client objectives are being met or exceeded
- Creatively solve problems
- Advise on design direction
- Provide status updates to the client
- Conduct quality control on the projects that you manage
- Set and manage clear boundaries in projects
- Manage project timelines and budgets
Activity in this role will be broken down as follows:
- 40% – Leading digital strategy through a set of Project Management skills
- 30% – Managing project teams and resource
- 30% – Fostering client relationships throughout the project cycle
Your main responsibility will be to confidently guide clients and teams through complex website projects, from concept to completion, delivering on time, on budget and on spec.
You will take the full ownership of your projects, and aim to plan and utilise all the available resources to deliver exceptional results within the budget. You will need to be an effective leader to your project team members, overseeing their task progresses, support them with alternatives when needed. You will be the one monitor and control every and each step of your projects, make sure the milestones are hit and deadline are met.
Being a project manager means you need to be on both side of the projects, you will need to be confident in challenging the clients decisions, as well as be straightforward on supervising your team members progress. You will communicate with clients on the details and changes of the projects, with promising and positive attitude yet considering the possibility of delivering with limited budget and resource. You need to be brave to stand for yourself, your team and the business.
We have a non-conventional structure here, and value the importance of independence and autonomy. So there is no line manager to oversee and manage you, and you will work and manage your own schedule as well as the schedules of your designers and developers. You will prioritise your to do list, meetings, and other tasks on a daily basis. You’ll have a project coordinator who will help you with the scheduling. You’ll report to our Managing Director, and work with the other project managers, our account managers, our Developers, Designers, Finance, HR and Learning and Development.
To support the above, you need the following skills:
You should also equip some solid knowledge on WordPress Website design and development, you should be the adviser and facilitator for your assigned designers and developers.
You will also give the most suitable suggestions to clients. You will the one go through the whole project cycle with the clients, and you will advise, support and train them as the projects proceed.
Through the whole cycle, you will manage the schedule for your team and control the resource you have, you will make adjustments where you see fit and own the time you and your team have.
You will be the one who is responsible to deliver your projects within the budget, you should always be proactive and plan ahead, problem solving and time management should be your most used skills, you need to be flexible and adaptive.
Please refer to this ARCI sheet for full details of accountabilities and responsibilities.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience managing web design and development projects end to end, including management of people, time and budgets
- Experience using the WordPress CMS
- Experience in Agency working environment
- Experience working in a team and managing different personality types
- Experience of working remotely
- Experience talking to clients in meetings, on the phone and by email
- Experience giving presentations
- Understanding of web technology and how it can serve client’s needs (though you do not need to be able to write code)
- Detailed understanding and enthusiasm for WordPress (or willingness to learn quickly)
- Confidence using web based applications
- Ability to understand business requirements of Wholegrain and our clients
- Great customer service skills
- Refine processes that exist and develop new processes for the team and monitor the implementation
- Understanding of SEO fundamentals
Desired Person Specification:
- A ‘People Person’ is a must
- Be a proactive communicator
- A positive influencer
- A top level of Macro thinker and a soft micro executor
- A decision Maker
- Confident and respective
- Effective problem solver
- A good eye for design
- Attention to detail
- Honesty and integrity
- A quick learner
- A strong leader and a team player
- Passionate for sustainability
- Highly independent
- Able to work under pressure
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Agile/Waterfall working
- Experience with remote working
- Knowledge of Website Building and UX/UI design
- Familiarity with Project Management and remote-work tools
Compensation and benefits:
- This role is 6 month fixed term semi remote. We normally would ask you to spend one of your working days per week in our London office, but at the moment under the Government Covid -19 Guidance, you will not be required to, you will be working from home.
- Competitive salary with pension, the range for this role is: TBC
- 22 days of paid holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Birthday off
- Flexible working
- Renewable energy rewards
- Perks through work
- Paid travel to events in Europe
- Somerset House discounts
- Free bike access
- Maternity/paternity leave, and sick pay
- Doing a job in which you can make a difference to your teammates and help create a sustainable future
Our recruitment process:
- If we like the look of your CV and Cover Letter, we’ll be in touch to organise an initial telephone call to get to know you better
- If you’ve wowed us in the telephone call, we’ll invite you to attend a face-face interview with our HR team and our Directors. (Due to Covid-19, we will be conducting interviews via Google Hangout)
- We will contact you within 2 weeks to let you know the outcome of your interview.
How To Apply:
We get a lot of good candidates but what we are really looking for is a remarkable individual. Please ensure you attach a Cover Letter and CV with your application. Please note, we will only be in contact with successful applicants.
Recruitment agencies – please don’t contact us.