The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Best Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
You will be working within the OVO Retail Finance Team.
The Finance Team’s objectives are:
- Get the Basics Right: Pursue opportunities to drive synergies, economies of scale and service delivery improvement through centralisation of common activities across the businesses. Drive better processes and governance to create a culture of personal responsibility over spend
- Drive Simplicity: Develop and implement a single Finance Operating Model to aid the simplification and harmonisation of activities and processes. Drive informed investment decisions, performance and capital allocations across the group
- Deliver Plan Zero: Create lean and effective organisations with renewed focus on talent investment to empower people considering development and career potential
OVO’s values are crucial for everything we do. As a reminder they are:
- We always look for a better way, whether that’s by delivering a better service, employing brilliant people or improving our products and processes
- Being open, honest and fair is one of the values which applies to everything we do. We take pride in talking to our customers and delivering exceptional work.
- Simple solutions aren’t quick or easy to find. They take time and tenacity. Our people work to find an answer that helps us ‘build something great’.
What will I be doing?
The newly created Workday Reporting role will be key to Finance’s ability to meet its objectives and support the wider business in providing valuable insight to make informed decisions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build and lead on financial data reporting strategies
- Lead on Finance & Payroll reporting practices across Retail from the Workday platform and make recommendations for a standard operating model around data and reporting.
- Monitoring and providing data and analysis on potential financial risks, trends and competitors.
- Responsible for data quality and continuous improvement and usefulness of Workday data.
- Creation and maintenance of Workday report and dashboard suites for various level users up to C-Suite including ad-hoc miscellaneous reporting
- Proactive engagement with the Finance & Payroll team to identify areas of improvement or added value
- Engage and work closely with the in-house Workday team to identify change management requirements for system changes around reporting and dashboards
- Review the bi-annual Workday release documentation, test changes and update reports, dashboards and Prism as required
- Lead on Workday Prism module including dataset maintenance and security
Is this the job for me?
The ideal candidate exhibits self motivation, excellent communication skills and has experience working within Workday to produce reporting across Finance and Payroll.
Ideally you will have:
- Strong experience in Workday report writing for Finance and Payroll reports (Workday Reporting Pro or equivalent courses preferable)
- Ability to translate large data sets into actionable stories
- Strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present & articulate data & insights to both users and Senior stakeholders including C-Suite
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy.
- Proven ability to effectively organise, prioritise, and handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- You will be able to adapt to a very fast-paced changing environment and know that nothing is impossible!
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.