Every day at ecoligo we work to fight the climate crisis, bringing solar energy to businesses in countries like Ghana, Kenya, Vietnam and Costa Rica through the ecoligo crowdinvesting platform. We own and manage each energy project allowing us to deliver both environmental and economic returns. Our crowdinvestors earn a solid financial return, and our solar clients get an energy provider that’s fairer, more affordable and more efficient. So far, ecoligo projects have prevented—or will prevent—over 440,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide from entering our atmosphere. And we’re just getting started.
Our quickly growing international team in Berlin is looking for a Working Student or Intern as Project Engineer (f/m/x) to support our technical project and asset management team. We’re looking for a motivated person with an electrical engineering background and affinity to solar PV. You are ready to take full ownership of your work in a fast-paced start-up environment with international projects. You understand the internship/working student role as your opportunity to shine and show what you can contribute. Our ideal candidate has already got their hands dirty in engineering work in the past and understands the solar PV technology. Are you ready to help us tackle the climate crisis?
In this role you will:
- Support the project and asset management teams in their day to day activities.
- Review technical documents of projects and evaluate engineering designs.
- Perform data analysis to check performance of projects.
- Add new projects into our monitoring platform and ensure their flawless data integration.
- Identify solutions ad hoc for project related issues that are coming up, especially electrical and communication problems.
- Help the project management team, the asset management team and sales with any electrical engineering request they have.
- Experience in Solar PV project design, Solar PV design tools and engineering and commissioning of such projects
- Knowledge in the preparation and work with single line diagrams, PV Simulation Software (PVSyst/PVSol), data analysis
- Knowledge on electrical systems
- Knowledge on communication systems and their components (Routers, Modems, Inverters, network protocols (such as: RS232, RS485, Modbus, SunSpec, etc.)
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Tools, experience with Asana is a plus.
- Fluent in English (English is our daily working language).
- Fluency in German and/or Spanish is a plus.
- Self-starter who takes ownership and works independently while ensuring collaboration and visibility.
- Creative problem solver who can think strategically, but also loves getting into the details.
- Confident in their knowledge of energy systems and have a strong interest in sustainable technologies.
- Can switch between many tasks if necessary and stays comfortable in unpredictable situations.
- Living an open feedback culture.
- Work for the planet: help make a difference as we pioneer the energy transition in emerging markets.
- Real ownership and responsibilities with strong opportunities for growth.
- The chance to help shape the future of a small and growing company as we enter an exciting growth stage.
- Flexible working hours.
- Bright and comfortable workspace at our office in Berlin’s Mitte, with a roof deck for sunny lunches or after work time with colleagues. (ecoligo’s Berlin office is currently fully remote during COVID-19).
- An open, diverse and respectful company culture with a group of kind, international coworkers based in Berlin, Accra (Ghana), Nairobi (Kenya), San Jose (Costa Rica), Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) and Santiago (Chile).
Please upload your letter of motivation. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be considered. Please apply via https://ecoligo.com/join-us/