To apply for this job please visit careers.argentenergy.com.
Main purpose of job
Responsible for the cleanliness and tidiness of the yard and outside areas of the facility. This role is a 6month fixed term contract
- Clean and tidy Tank Farm, yard and outside areas.
- Daily sampling regime of water effluent discharge.
- Loading of by-products such as wood flour and potassium sulphate.
- Loading and offloading of chemical deliveries and supplies, as directed by site management.
- Complete general housekeeping duties.
- Conduct general yard cleanliness and litter management.
- Daily Bund and Sump Checks – looking for spillages and full sumps, investigating source of material in sumps and checking drain covers are in place and not needing repair.
- Security boundary check in relation to odour produced by plant.
- Utilise a variety of relatively simple hand tools with limited control adjustments ensuring safety standards are adhered to at all times.
- Using fork lift truck around site, following appropriate safety procedures.
- Daily meter readings for gas, electric, water and boiler house.
The successful candidate
- Counterbalance licence preferable.
- Candidates should be outgoing, motivated, and can endure outside working conditions year round.
- Physical requirements include regular lifting within the guidelines of safe handling procedures. Manual handling training will be required.
- Previous experience of yard duties and tanker loading/unloading would be advantageous.