To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours: 35 hours per week (Flexible hours & part-time/job share considered)
Salary: £29,000-£33,926 + 7% pension contribution
Location: Currently remote (in future, remote/office hybrid (Moorgate, London))
Reports to: Head of Service Delivery & Employer Engagement
If you have the following, this job may be for you…
· A passion for making the world of work more fair and equitable, especially for less-advantaged young people
· Experience & knowledge of corporate People and Culture practices especially in Early Careers, Recruitment, Talent Development and D&I
· Experience in designing, delivering and developing programmes
Whilst there are many D&I consultancies, professional consultants cannot account for and directly represent the varied lived experiences of multi-cultural young people in the Covid-era. Solutions about how to best engage and support the careers of young people from less advantaged backgrounds are often made without engaging them directly.
The Brokerage’s Young Changemakers Consultancy will put young people at the centre of change; empowering them with a platform to use their voice and become changemakers and system shapers. Corporates will have access and opportunity to hear unfettered, direct insights and opinions from the young people they are seeking to attract and retain, in order to optimise processes and culture for others like them to succeed. With support, our young people will provide advice on lived experience; consult on recruitment practices, talent propositions, Early Career Programmes; conduct youth-led focus groups and product testing; provide reverse mentoring of leaders and line managers and speak at corporate events. In the process it also gives our young people a unique opportunity to gain insight into corporate practices, develop their skills and make useful connections.
We are now looking for a Youth Consultancy and Young Leaders Programme Manager to join our team. This role will help design and deliver our Young Changemaker Consultancy alongside our Young Leaders programme; aimed at building leadership and advanced employability skills for young people via a structured programme and practical opportunities, including Ambassadorial roles both corporate and youth facing.
You don’t have to have worked in the charity sector beforehand. What is important is that you have an understanding of the needs of young people who want to access professional careers and the needs of corporates who want to access underrepresented talent; as well as knowledge around People & Culture practices (i.e. Recruitment, Early Careers, Talent Development and D&I). This can be from a combination of your lived, work or volunteering experience.
About The Brokerage
For 25 years The Brokerage has been supporting less advantaged young people to fulfil their potential through improved awareness and access to professional career opportunities. We are now at an exciting and dynamic point having launched a strategic redirection that has seen us work with corporate partners in a deeper, more intrinsic way. This complements our programmes for young people by ensuring that organisations create environments where our young talent will thrive. Thought leadership, supporting corporates with culture change and innovative new services now sit alongside our youth-focused mission. Having just implemented a new partnership model, we are fast-growing and have doubled in size over the past year.
Role Purpose and responsibilities
The role has two key priorities. Firstly, to continue to realise our ambition of becoming a youth-led organisation where we use direct insight from our young people and alumni to change organisational practices and support our corporate partners to grow more inclusive cultures. Secondly, to develop our young people into future leaders through our Young Leaders Programme.
This is a really exciting new area of work for us; both programmes are in their infancy stage, so you will get the chance to lead on the strategy and spearhead the design, development and roll out.
In addition to leading on these programmes, you will work in a highly collaborative environment with other Programme Managers and their interconnected strands of work (Outreach and Academy Programmes). You will also:
● Design, deliver and develop the Youth-Led consultancy proposition where our young people offer advice and support to businesses to help them attract young people from diverse and less-advantaged backgrounds and help them to develop structures to support their progression once in the organisation (this will include consultation on recruitment practices, talent propositions and Early Career Programmes, youth-led focus groups and product testing, expert advice and insights on lived experience, reverse mentoring etc.)
● Manage and develop the Young Leaders Programme, to ensure The Brokerage’s offering is youth-led. Include young people in the development and delivery of our programmes whilst providing professional development opportunities (i.e. A-Z podcast (a podcast hosted by Brokerage Ambassadors); consulting with and delivering workshops to our corporate partners)
● Work with the Partnership Manager to assess what culture change workshops and Youth Consultancy services are suitable for our corporate partners, and organise and deliver the sessions
● Ensure that Youth Consultancy participants are engaged and provide input to our work, and are fully prepared to work with our corporate partners
● Work collaboratively with other Programme Managers to deliver workshops and events to young people and corporates.
● Work closely with the Senior Coordinator to manage relationships and communications with corporate partners and volunteers
● Keep abreast of partners’ needs and develop a deep understanding of how The Brokerage can add value to their social mobility and D&I work
● Help generate collateral to support our corporate partners in their internal engagement activities around our work e.g. case studies/personal stories
● Play an active role in the planning and delivery of The Brokerage’s strategic objectives and participate in The Brokerage events and activities as required
● Work with other Programme Managers and the Senior Marketing, Communications and Campaign Manager to develop guides and toolkits to support our programmes
● Set, track and monitor targets and KPIs; providing information reports and updates for The Brokerage Senior Management Team, Board of Trustees and funders
● Maintain up to date records on our CRM system (Salesforce)
What we are looking for (Our wish list)!
We are not expecting you to tick every box below, but we are looking for someone who has a passion for working with young people and building relationships. If you are confident that you are the right candidate for this role but don’t quite meet 100% of the criteria, be bold, apply anyway
Are you a Changemaker?
● Knowledge of and interest in issues surrounding social mobility, young people and equity, diversity and inclusion/power and privilege in the workplace.
● A creative, self-starter with able to work with ambiguity, a bias towards action, thrives on autonomy but also loves to work as part of a small team
● Adaptable with a growth mindset, open to feedback, learning and development
● Relevant lived experience (i.e. the experience of the challenges faced by those from less-advantaged and/or Black, Asian or other ethnic minority backgrounds)
● Ability to set up and develop a suite of products and services from scratch
● Experience and understanding of the corporate environment; People & Culture, Early Careers and Recruitment practices; and corporate D&I agendas and strategies
● Ability to manage competing priorities, work to tight deadlines
● An excellent communicator (written and verbal)
● A dynamic person with strong presentation/ facilitation (online and in person)
● Good digital skills (incl. Microsoft Office suite, databases (we use Salesforce) and social media especially LinkedIn).
● Consultancy experience (desirable)
● 25 days’ paid annual leave plus Bank Holidays
● 2 days’ paid volunteering leave
● 7% employer contribution pension
● Season ticket loan and a range of other staff benefits
● A range of discretionary well-being and reward perks (additional days off, vouchers, coaching, mindfulness sessions etc)
● A collaborative, diverse, mission-led team that works within a trust-based environment that provides freedom, flexibility and autonomy.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV and completed application form to email@example.com.
Closing date: 5 July at 10am – please note interviews will be taking place on a rolling basis and vacancies may be filled prior to the closing date if we find the right candidate(s).
Please get in touch If you would like to find out more about this role; we are happy to answer any questions you may have!